PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Question for the Z

mywifeknowseverything
09-18-2004, 05:42 PM
I got my lights working today :Bounce
However they are not the original lights as you might have seen..The stock lights are 2 30w bulbs and the ones in there now are 2 55w bulbs.....For some reason these are the only ones that the Yamaha shop could find that would work in there...Honda Bulb....Anyway,,,, If I run both of them will it fry my Stator???? I'm thinking it might and just to be on the safe side just run one light....Any thoughts on this would be appreciated

I should also say that at RPM these lights are not as bright as they should be....And at an idle....They are very dim...

TimSr
09-18-2004, 07:46 PM
It wont damage your stator. Thats very hard to do. However your stator wont deliver enough power to light both of them them either. The Z stator delivers about 75 watts at its best. Im running two 35 watt sealed beam lights on mine, and I had to choose between running two and a lot of dimming at idle, or running one that was constantly bright. A single 55 watt unit works very well on the Z. Ive had lots of experience in improvised TriZ lighting!

mywifeknowseverything
09-18-2004, 07:51 PM
Thanks Timsr!!!! :beer I knew I could count on you!!!!
I have come to the Conclusion that I will only run the one lamp and keep the other as a spare and for aesthetics :D I only wish I would have known before I spent 15 bucks on a bulb :mad:

jmsmilin
09-19-2004, 02:09 AM
Yeah I was gonna say ask Tim Sr as Ive seen his pics, speaking of which I may go with your set up on my ATC, so what are the round lights you are running?

mywifeknowseverything
09-19-2004, 08:27 AM
Mine are PIWA....Dont know where they came from they were on the bike when I got it....