PDA

View Full Version : Question for people who know mods

MX125dude
09-16-2004, 04:15 PM
Ok i was looking in a dennis kirk book and saw a cobra megaphone tailpipe for a 1984 200s. i was wondering if you can really see a difference in performance and my favorite part the sound of the tailpipe. I have a completly stock 1984 200s and all i did was take the silencer and spark agrester out. would the cobra sound louder or softer?thanx

hondatrikesrule22
09-16-2004, 04:24 PM
People say you don't gain much, but I don't see how thats possible with how the diameter of the pipe gets larger near the end. It helps exhaust escape like an expansion chamber on a dirtbike. Maybe them people didn't re-jet? :o The pipe will be much louder than the stock system. Although you already had your silencer off, it might not be too much louder.I recommend getting a high flow filter also.

83200e
09-16-2004, 04:38 PM
I've never really noticed a big difference in power with the pipe alone,but I agree with hondatrikesrule22 about the filter.You should notice a difference with the combo.I don't think the new exhaust will be any louder than the way you have it now.Cobra offers a quiet series with a built in s/a also.