PDA

View Full Version : 83 Suzuki ALT125, ignition problem.

Benny T.
09-16-2004, 01:01 PM
I got this 83 suzuki alt125 three wheeler from my uncle this past summer. He said it ran good and then one day it died on the trail and hasn't run since. I tore the engine down to find a broken piston skirt and a very wore out cylinder. I got all new parts for it and had the jug bored out. Now I got it all back together and I can't get it to fire. It's got excellent compression and I used a service manual to set the timing so I know that's right. The funny thing is when I pull the plug out it fires a weak but pretty noticeable spark. When I put the plug back in though the engine doesn't even think about firing. I'm guessing it just won't make spark under pressure. To solve this so far I've replaced the coil with a brand new one, but it's still doesn't run. The vehicle also has a CDI box and a magneto could either of those be the culprit?

Dan Tenn
09-16-2004, 03:13 PM
I lost spark on mine, but it was due to riding in the river. The problem was a burned out stator. After I got a used one on ebay from an lt125 quad for $5 it fired up on the third pull. BTW it sat for three years before I fixed it :)

Derek
12-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Did you try a brand new spark plug? The plugs for those are a NGK D7EA mine was acting like that i put a brand new spark plug in in and it fired right up first pull!