PDA

View Full Version : Converting my homebuilt for snow use

400ccHomemade
09-16-2004, 12:22 PM
I have a ski off an old Moto-Ski snowmobile and I was thinking it would be cool to use it in the winter on the front of my trike. If anyone remembers, a few weeks ago I showed a few pics of my homebuilt. Last winter, I went through some deep snow, and the only reason I didn't go so well is because the narrow front wheel dug into the snow and bogged me down. I did a quick photoshop of what it would look like with the ski, what do you think? Stupid or cool?

OldSchoolin86
09-16-2004, 12:52 PM
I put ski's on my trx250r. It was okay and got me through a little more but that rear end sank and it felt loose in the rear because the front had so much more control. I'd say all it gained me was 2" snow depth that I could ride in. So if you can do it with a low budget and minimal effort I say have fun but without more rear surface space like the track kits your not going to gain much. Good Luck

400ccHomemade
09-16-2004, 02:40 PM
Oh well, I'll just have to stick with my 800cc, 140 hp sled in the winter. :Bounce

GreyhoundRugby
09-16-2004, 04:56 PM
I just shat myself wicked santa dont got anything on that sled

400ccHomemade
09-16-2004, 05:23 PM
I just shat myself wicked santa dont got anything on that sled
I don't understand what that means.......is that good? :D

rob0781
09-16-2004, 07:48 PM
Thats what i need a sled for the winter that'll pull the ski's hard...

AirManCam
09-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Oh well, I'll just have to stick with my 800cc, 140 hp sled in the winter. :Bounce
Wheres your helmet man? I don't usually care about wheelers but, I race sleds (semi-pro) and I have seen 2 people die right in front of me, one as I was spectating, the other as I was racing with. It isnt cool, espially when goofing off on a sled.
On a good note, My little 440 racer is putting out about 157 hp :p :twisted: And then my trail sled is putting out 140 stock.(brand new f7 sno pro) Bah, I could go on forever about sleds.

400ccHomemade
09-17-2004, 09:04 AM
Wheres your helmet man? I don't usually care about wheelers but, I race sleds (semi-pro) and I have seen 2 people die right in front of me, one as I was spectating, the other as I was racing with. It isnt cool, espially when goofing off on a sled.
On a good note, My little 440 racer is putting out about 157 hp :p :twisted: And then my trail sled is putting out 140 stock.(brand new f7 sno pro) Bah, I could go on forever about sleds.
I was just lining it up to load it on the trailer, and I goosed the gas a little. Do you really think I would ride a sled for an extended amount of time without a helmet? Thats COLD man! I get cold ears after a few seconds. It's my dream to have a modded 440 for jumping. :beer

smokinp
09-17-2004, 10:33 AM
sweet sled!!