PDA

View Full Version : This T3 is starting to make me mad...

MIK6
09-15-2004, 11:57 PM
My T3 is starting to get to me. I can't get it to start. I am Very P_SSed off at it. I took it for a ride, it ran great, the next time I tried it out it would not start. I know it was fluid locked, I stripped it down, flipped it upside down drained the cylinder. The damn thing still won't start. I pulled it around w/ a quad, it would fire but not wind up and stay running. I checked the petcock (the damn T3 was reassembled already) it was fine, the reeds are like new, it has great spark, good compression. I figure the carb might be F'ed, or the ignition is shot (it is a KX ignition). I did find a mouse house (rat's nest) in the airbox, I guess it might have sucked some stuff into the carb. I think it will come back apart and clean the carb tomorrow. For all I know it is just jealous of my 04 Prarie 700, I had a long talk w/ my T3 and tried to explain that the P700 was just like a big brother, and that I still love the T3. I hope tomorrow goes better.
Wish me luck. Give me a few ideas. Maybe some encouragement. I am about fed up.

MIK6 / Mike

cliff2302
09-16-2004, 12:06 AM
thats funny because i am having the exact same problem with my T3. i drove it to my neighbors house and an hour later it wouldn't start. no gas is going to the cylindar. i know that my problem is my float, because of my symptoms, i might think that yours is the same. is your plug getting wet? i know its a common question but i had to ask. maybe try some WD-40 to get it to fire, its more safe than starting fluid. good luck.

200xBoy
09-16-2004, 01:02 AM
lol before you go ripping the head off and everything take the side case off it might be the stator. there pretty exspensice but my brothers old t3, everytime he would go throu a mud puddle he would get water in there and would blow. well anyways thats my .02

Meat-BoX
09-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Ummm, kinda of stupid idea but I had the misfourtunes of having the vent tube or knob to the tank clogged with dirt. Therefore no gas would flow. Im sure you know all this but its the little things that jam ya up alot. :beer

And test the CDI box

MIK6
09-16-2004, 09:18 PM
IT RUNS!!!!
I was rite it was fluid locked. It got that way when a mouse made a nest in the airbox. When trieng to start it some junk got sucked into the carb, the needle valve was not working properly. I always shut the gas off, but this time gas must have been able to trickle by and fill the crank. I stripped it down, flipped it upside down, drained the crank, CLEANED the carb (when it ran dry it messed up everything), threw in a new plug and it started rite up. I will finish putting it back together tomarrow!!!!

MIK6 / Mike

Meat-BoX
09-16-2004, 09:30 PM
The guy is a multi tasker. He's rebuilding his carb while doing my rear brakes. Then was nice enough to let me ride his Couch through the woods to the sand dunes. Now get her together so we can go show off our Tecates and rip up some slow pokes :beer

TTribaLL
09-16-2004, 09:44 PM
']and rip up some slow pokes :beer

And by slow pokes you mean Honda's right?
:D

83185s
09-16-2004, 11:03 PM
hey hey watch the honda part there buddy! m,y 185 lasted 20 years before it blew a piston and thats cause the person before me had it sittin for a while and never moved the rings so they were frozen...no oil to the cylinder yea it fried but other than that it runs great so i dun wanna here it! lol

cliff2302
09-17-2004, 02:48 AM
he said nothing about the longevity of hondas, just poking fun at the speed issue. i'm sure he meant no harm. 250Rs, tri zs and tecates are pretty much equal, just depends on how deep your wallet goes :D Glad you got your tecate going, its always good to hear that another one is back on the trails :beer