PDA

View Full Version : honda 185s doesnt idle well

tawd
09-11-2004, 05:13 AM
Hi, I have 2 honda 185 s trikes. Neither of them like to idle. I have cleaned both carbs, adjusted the mixture and have had no luck. They will idle high just fine, but you try to back off the idle screw to tone it down and it just putters out. Any suggestions? Also, What notch is the main needle suppose to be set on? Its on the second from the top on one wheeler, and the middle on the other. Anyways, thanks for the help!

rob0781
09-11-2004, 05:20 AM
could be anything from worn carb parts maybe an airleak between the carb and airbox ,i know i had that problem with my old 110 and i tried everything and it just wouldn't get better finally i bought a box of spare parts and decided to swap the carb off the parts engine and that what fixed my problem so i'm not really sure what was causing the problem,i think the carb was just worn out to far...

tawd
09-11-2004, 05:44 AM
One other thing... At an idle the engines sound they they are skipping a fire quite a bit... Sounds kinda like a 2 cycle engine sometimes. What would cause that? Bad plug? Or is something out of adjustment in the cdi thing>?

rob0781
09-11-2004, 06:10 AM
Your firing timing might be off a bit..