PDA

View Full Version : 2strokefreaks tri-Z.

370banshee
09-07-2004, 12:05 AM
ok here is the first pic of my new Z. i have the PV engine in it. and i started working on my stretch arm today. tell me what you think. it's not even close to done. alot of it is just set in place for the pic. i need to do alot more work on the swing arm too. the shock mount is not done yet. here are the specs on it

85 tri-z
powervalve 89 YZ 250 engine
drag ported
44mm carb (i think i just know it's damn big)
8 1/4 in stretch swingarm

there is way more to come. i'll post more pics as i get father. tell me what you think

http://www.everything2stroke.com/Photo/data/500/24Picture_004.jpg

200xBoy
09-07-2004, 01:22 AM
damn man thats awsome. cool swing arm. i wish my x was that nice or that fast.

TrikerR
09-07-2004, 04:00 AM
thats awesome man...cant wait till its finished

twgranger
09-07-2004, 07:01 AM
That looks awsome.

BigGreenMachine
09-07-2004, 03:46 PM
Nice, love the Hoosiers, do you race?

AirManCam
09-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Actually I don't think they are hoosiers..I think they are Amercian racer or somthing like that. Nice Z!! Have you rode it yet?

370banshee
09-07-2004, 05:44 PM
i have yet to ride it. and the tires are mccreary american stars i think. or maybe the are speedstars. i think they are speed stars well anyway. i got em cheap and if you notice they are on q-racer wheels an i have q-racer hub on it for now. i'm planning on sand draggin it. i'll let you guys know when it's farther along and i'll be sure to port more pics. oh yeah and thanx alot for all the compliments. i'm hoping to have a section for it on my website: (370banshee.everything2stroke.com (http://370banshee.everything2stroke.com) ) very soon. i'm very anxious to ride this thing!!!

CHAINSAW
09-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Sweet man, looks to be in damn good shape!! Ahhhh.. another powervalved Tri Z... I think I heard another set of Hondas just make a huge groaning noise! :)

ATC crazy
09-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Awesome Z ya got there. Cant wait to see the finished product and some action pics!

MTS
09-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Sweet man, looks to be in damn good shape!! Ahhhh.. another powervalved Tri Z... I think I heard another set of Hondas just make a huge groaning noise! :)
LOL this is prolly a stupid question but...can you powervavle a 250r? and if not what are the diffrences in the motors ?:P?

CHAINSAW
09-07-2004, 08:06 PM
LOL this is prolly a stupid question but...can you powervavle a 250r? and if not what are the diffrences in the motors ?:P?

Yeah, but its a lot more expensive then doing a Tri Z. The Tri Z motors, were made just like the 85-91 Yz250 motors, with exception of the powervalve and a few other parts. They will all bolt right up in a Tri Z frame. To make a 250R powervalved, you either have to mate a CR250 cylinder up to it, and run your powervalve off a battery, Get an ESR kit, which does basically the same thing, or have someone machine your bottom end, so it will have the mechanisms to control the valve itself. A lot more time and money involved in making an R powervalved.

370banshee
09-07-2004, 11:52 PM
ok here is a few more pics of my trike. i wanna know what you think bout it.
they are mostly of the swingarm i'm building. i told myself i had to roll it around before i went to bed. so i got it rollable. the shock mounts are just tacked in. i'm gonna fill the welds in tommorow. it strong as is i was jumping on the foot pegs and it works great. it seems pretty good being that it has full travel. and the ride height isn't any higher tahn before it might even be lower. i'm guessing bout an inch or so. anyway you don't babble anymore you just wanna see the pics of my death trike.

this is the trike on it's own 3 feet lol

i want your feedback!!!

CHAINSAW
09-08-2004, 02:41 PM
That swinger looks heavy duty. You know how to weld aluminum? If so, make ya an aluminum one... that way it only weighs about 4 pounds, instead of 24 :) Just an idea to keep her light.

AZ250R
09-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Throw a little silver paint on it & ya might even have others wanting you to make them one too. Even if it does crack a bit, when riding, looks like to me you'll be able to fix it easlily enough.

Did you get your shock "revalved" for the extended lenght @ all?

370banshee
09-08-2004, 11:37 PM
i don;t know how to weld aluminum. if i do another arm it's gonna be a chromoly tube swinger. this is just a stock arm i cut and added to the middle of it then measured for teh shock dogbone mount then welded it up. it turned out pretty good. i'm gonna rattle can it silver for now maybe over the winter i'll blast it and have it powerded!. but for now i'm gona try and get it set up corretly. oh yeah it's not as heavy as it looks. plus i might end up playing a bit on the dunes with it so i don;t want it much lighter. and i haven't done anything with the shock as of yet but this shock is screwed all teh way to super firm. when i sit on it it sinks but i think it will do for now. i gotta se if this thing is ever rideable before i start dumping anymore $$$$ into it.

CHAINSAW
09-09-2004, 07:34 PM
It will definatly be rideable! :)

AZ250R
09-09-2004, 07:47 PM
It will definatly be rideable! :)
Sure, but he'll KILL that shock in a few long rides & It'll be a liability through the woops but until ya got some $ to revalve... straight drags ya don't want much suspension anyway. Sag'n low all the way to the finish line, right. :)

370banshee
09-09-2004, 08:39 PM
thats the plan. but like i said it's tightened all teh way so that helps it alot and it doesn't sag too much i still ahve bout 5 inches of travel wehn i'm sitting on it. i'm gonna get it revavled but i have 3 banshees, this trike, a 85 t3 and a LT250r to worry about and i got a lead on 2 T4's so i wanna pick those up. then sell the T3 and the LT250r and 1 banshee. then i'll be set and i can make the Z really pretty too. actuallly i'm gona do taht overhtis winter anyway and thats when i'll get my shock done. i really just wanna rip it up on this thing for the next couple months. silver lake here i come!!!!!!