PDA

View Full Version : tri-moto help

yamahaman89
09-06-2004, 05:26 PM
my tri-moto dosent want to start it is gettin gas an has spark but if u pull really hard sometimes it will shout the carb out of the grommet what could be the prob???? help please i need her runnin by tomorrow! thanks :)

TheOlderFox
09-06-2004, 07:49 PM
I am not understanding fully what you are saying, but if you have gas and spark, check your timing and valve gaps. Have you done anything to the carb?

yamahaman89
09-06-2004, 08:13 PM
no i didnt touch the carb

thefox
09-06-2004, 08:19 PM
Timing adjustment
OK, the timing is fixed but the timing chain can be off which would throw off the timing (so i guess it is not realy fixed but you know what I mean, I hope). Take off the timing plug by the pull starter and line up the "T" mark on the rotor with the notch in the case. With the cam gear cover removed the grove in the gear should point up, there is a pointer on the top of the head that it should line up with.
If you have a timing light the hook it up, when the engine is running the "F" make should line up with the notch in the case.

Valve Adjustment
Take the valve covers off and line the "T" mark up with the notch. If both valve rocker arms have a little play in them then check there cleacence, if they don't both have play then spin the rotor over once (1 rotor rotation) = 1/2 a cam rotation) and line up the "T", now they should both have play. The clearence is intake = .05-.09 mm (.002-.004 in), exhaust = .11-.15 mm (.0043-.006 in). Now pull the engine over a few times and check again.

Cam chain Adjustment
Put the engine with the "T" make at the notch and both valve arms with play. Take off the cover for the cam chain adjuster and loosen the locknut. Turn the adjuster (that main threaded piece with a 10mm head on it) so the pushrod that is inside the adjuster is flush with the end of the adjuster. Now start the engine and the pushrod should more slightly.

Good luck