PDA

View Full Version : my friends are scared of my trike

deathman53
09-05-2004, 10:19 PM
today at the track one of my friend let me ride his quad, I told him if he wants the can ride my trike, he rode it, but never got it past half throttle, I flew by him on HIS trx250r, its so funny you take a quad rider, put them on a trike and they are lost. he said it was fun, but was scared of it. It had way too much power for him(330 big bore, carb, reeds, pipe, suspension, etc). Then another one of my friends(a racer with a pro card) rode my trike for half a lap, and pulled off. I asked him why and he said "that thing is out of control" and mind that he built the motor on it. I asked the first guy if he wanted to ride it and his responce was "I don't want to kill myself, that thing is ridiculas, how do you ride it, you give it gas it wheelies". The first guy told my other friend that it feels like it is wheeling all the time, because the bars are a bit high, my answer was "thats because the front wheel is almost never on the ground". I'm gonna work in the first guy, get him to ride my trike a bit more and maybe he'll get into them. I plan on buying the second guy's crf 450 custom quad when he goes to sell it(gonna trade the trx250r I'm building for part of it), so I can have a kick ass quad and trike. A guy at the track got some pics of me jumping so, hopefully I'll have some new pics soon.

deathman53
09-05-2004, 10:24 PM
ooh, forgot to meantion, on saturday at chattsworth, two guy pulled up one guys quad had "prepare to be rocked" and the other "be prepared to have your ass kicked", well, they got exaclty what they deserved ROOSTED THE HELL OUT OFF. and these bikes were polaris's

MO350X
09-05-2004, 10:29 PM
I spent the day riding with my brother ('04 TRX450R) and my cousin's husband ('04 Polaris Sportsman 700).
They both seemed surprised I "lived through the day" and were able to keep up with them through the woods! :rolleyes:
My old 350X performed perfectly and I didn't even have one "close call".

I'll admit, their bikes are definitely more sure-footed than mine but my bike is super maneuverable in the woods....moreso than the TRUCK-SIZED Polaris, THAT is for sure.
But man is the Polaris plush!!!!

Yep, the old trikes do put fear in the hearts of those with the quads.
MOST folks sure appreciate our old relics, though.
It's like owning/riding a little piece of ATV history. :)

And I'm darned proud of mine!

MO350X
09-05-2004, 10:31 PM
Man, that has to be like being shot from a cannon....running a 330 on an ATC250R! WOW!

My brother's last bike was a TRX250R with the CT Racing 310 kit on it.
MAN, that thing was violent....
I can only imagine what your trike feels like!

Good job on the roost!!
They deserved it. :cool:

deathman53
09-05-2004, 10:32 PM
them polaris's are trucks, half of them border on dmv's regulations for atv's weight and some exceed.

skippy
09-05-2004, 10:33 PM
i tell ya.. ive been riding atc's for over 20 years now..and you can put me on both and i would be quicker in the woods on a trike, but on a mx track, the 4 wheels is quicker for me.. but when you put a "quad rider" on an atc.. good night.. they sux! its all what yr trained/learned on..

MO350X
09-05-2004, 10:37 PM
them polaris's are trucks, half of them border on dmv's regulations for atv's weight and some exceed.

HA HA HA
Man I heard that!

My cousin's husband's Sportsman is HUGE!
That thing is SO cushy, it's amazing.
Heck, he was practically wrapped in plastic so he didn't get dirty at all today!
Pretty quick bike for it's size.

I had a Polaris Explorer 400....you could ride for DAYS and not get monkey butt....you're sitting on a couch, essentially. :p

4cylinders
09-05-2004, 10:42 PM
hey, hehehe, you should here what people say when I ask if they want to ride the monster. really you should see their face!! hehehe

threewheelin-feelin
09-05-2004, 10:56 PM
thats what i like about the group of ppl i ride with most ride my trike and i ride there bikes or quads or even go carts and i dont hear any crap like that. if anything the defined trikes like i do. and i think that ive got a couple of them wanting a trike hehe.

Oldshell4481
03-16-2005, 05:02 PM
haha i dont let people ride my machines, i wouldnt allow a quad rider on my trike, after i saw my friend almost roll my machine over, and all i got is a big red 200e!!

Oldshell4481
03-16-2005, 05:04 PM
woops sorry i didnt realize this was an old post, haha my bad.

deathman53
03-16-2005, 08:49 PM
and just to fillin the rest of the story, I did buy the second guys crf450r quad, and absoletly no regrets.

Dammit!
03-16-2005, 09:47 PM
When you gonna put in that 310cc power valve top end? I've been waiting on your report. :D

TrikerR
03-16-2005, 09:57 PM
can i get a clarifacation please...whats the differnece between a crf450 quad and the trx450r.

deathman53
03-16-2005, 11:33 PM
no, the 310pv isn't on yet, I have to get off my ass and put it on, the bike hasn't left the storage since early december. There is a huge difference between a crf450r and trx450r, aftermarket frame, suspension, a-arms, swingarm, 250r axle, carrier, anti-fade, backward kick, vortex ignition, hyper carbon beadlocks. The trx motor has a different bore and stroke, engine cases, kicker gears, decompression mechanism, forward kicker, oil drain bolts are in different places, as well as oil fill bolts, there is more differences than similarities between the motors. Also the dirtbike motor is more powerfull and faster, honda "detuned" the motor for the atv frame. Long travel suspenion is beyond awesome. I'm gonna take the 250r trike out this weekend and ride it, as well as maybe the 200x on saturday. The particular bike I bought uses mostly 250r parts, you also can get them for 400ex components too. I don't even think a dirtbike motor wil bolt into a trx450r frame.

hrc85250r
03-17-2005, 12:16 AM
let me tell you guys about them "'laris's", i had a 400L 4x4, 2 stroke 400... man i love that beast, even though it was a heavy 4x4 with racks, it would tear up the woods pretty good, and it would go anywhere....i could seriously leave some decent rooster with it, all i did was shave the head a tiny bit to raise the compression and put a dual-angle helix in the clutch and it was nutz! i dont know, but any other 4x4 couldnt get my heart pounding like that.....i sold it after i rolled it end for end 4 times through a field during a snowstorm...didnt hurt it, but it was clear i was destined for 3 wheels...lol

oh yea....deathman is crazy!

deathman53
03-17-2005, 09:01 PM
thanks buddy, I'm taking the 250r out to ride this weekend, we'll see how I do. I haven't been on three wheels in 3+ months.

RideRed250R
03-17-2005, 09:19 PM
it wont, also the best way to explain it is the crf450 quad isnt even allowed into pro races unless go into the unlimited classes cause they are so fast, they give yfz's HELL they are fast and with 110 octane and a fmf pipe they easy put 60 horses on the dyno, go to sand bros and look at the one they got on there! i have camped witht hat guy and i cant stick with him on my 250R with a pipe and jets
adam

Sox
08-23-2005, 12:30 PM
deathman ** crazy!!! i just got a 1986 250sx and i have trouble shifting into 1st without wheelieing (i dont think i spelt that right). let alone with a 330 engine in it. but part of that could be that i weigh like nothing and my brake is almost gone.

nouseforaname90
08-23-2005, 12:41 PM
I have an SX and I don't wheelie when I shift into first?? You're idle must be real high or something.. either that or you punch the throttle when you shift.

Sox
08-23-2005, 12:45 PM
yea it does idle kinda high it needs carb work. nope i never use throttle wen shifting. infact i use brake wen i go into 1st and it tries to wheelie even then.

conig
08-23-2005, 12:54 PM
deathman, what kind of ploaris's were they? those are bold stickers for anyone to have regardless of machine.

bigredhead
08-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Either adjust the clutch or lower the idle SOX.... it should not do that.

I can stand next to the trike ( not sitting on it ) and kick it into gear and it won't even go forward...... hit the gas and it goes tho..

Pistonhead
08-23-2005, 01:21 PM
My friends all ride dirtbikes so they are fairly good on my trikes, but the first thing they find out is to not put their feet down and how to shift the big red without going back into neutral from 1st!!!

seddon
10-07-2007, 08:47 PM
i is great watching my buddys run there feet over on my 200x

ceaserthethird
10-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Dam this thread is OLD ... ROOKIES !

Still worth reading ...

Triple B!
05-09-2009, 04:21 PM
^^^Yes thread is old, but I still find it amusing that people find them three wheeled machines crazy scary.
I had my family over for a Bar-B-Q and pulled up the door on the shed to show them the wheeler (AutoX) that Dave built for me and they were all like "god, aren't those things dangerous?' 'I heard those are Illegal!' 'You're going to get hurt on that' and 'Aren't they supposed to be really tippy?' My sister's husband was even more funny- "I'll never ride any of those...." :lol:

Oh my goodness, get over it! Live and learn, you never know how something really is [or how fun for that matter!] unless you try it yourself, experience, then judge afterward.:beer

harryredtrike
05-09-2009, 05:12 PM
funny crap i hear that all the time,you cant ride that they are illegal

outtaline
05-09-2009, 06:41 PM
The fun part is passin a sport quad with a hard tail and then passin a utility in the mud thats stuck standin on the grab bar doin a water wheelie I'm headin back out in an hour for a night ride

Nick_R_23
05-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Heres a good one...I know the guy up here that is #1 in Quad MX Expert class in the state (I think he might be going national soon). Ive tried several times to get him to try out my 250r, but he wont even sit on it! :lol: Thinks Im crazy to ride a machine that powerful.

-Nick :TrikesOwn