PDA

View Full Version : need help with 185s

83185s
09-05-2004, 09:16 PM
hey i got my 185s goin again today..i put the old cam back in even tho it is a little messed up its better than none..anyway..i got it runnin and it runs on full choke untill about half throttle then it bogs...i didnt realize it was on full throttle cause when i turned down the switch it died..but now it works fine without the choke and it will still run on full choke..wats up with this i thouhgt it wasnt spose to?? i figure its the fuel air mix a little off

3 weelin geezer
09-05-2004, 10:38 PM
Where is the little clip that holds the pointy thing on the slide (I forgot whats it called)? How did you set the air mix screw on the front?

83185s
09-05-2004, 10:47 PM
what clip?? inside the carb on the needle for the throttle? i didnt set it ...i turned it to the right when sitting on top ofd the machine i think it turned it down..thats after i discovered it did that and now its still like that

3 weelin geezer
09-07-2004, 04:19 AM
so its not the stock carb? The one I have says its suposed to be set at the second notch from the top. how did that new cam work out for you, btw?

83185s
09-07-2004, 10:32 PM
o i dunno if its the stock carb...its a keihin i think maybe 24-28mm and the old cam i put in is great so far it hasnt broke yet..i have 1 ? tho...today i got my chain master link so i could go ride..well i put it in gear and it just dies..and now it wont run off choke...what is wrong?? plz help some one!! i thiought maybe i had the mix to lean so chokin it was the only way to go but i turned it back up and it still does it..it used to start first pull on full choke then just switch it to no choke and it would keep runnin..not now not since i got the chain i dunno whats wrong..its pissin me off alot tho cause i was gettin ready to go ride with some friends when it did that..it also hardly starts now..so second notch u say? the guy at the atv store put that little clip on the very bottom of the black thing and then put that needle in...im not sure y but it came out and i did wat he did and it worked just fine till today...it worked yesterday but just not today..im beginning to wonder if something is messed up inside..or maybe i put to much oil in today when i put it in even tho the dipstick said it was right on the mark..hmm..any way u guys got some tips?

3 weelin geezer
09-13-2004, 09:40 AM
Have you checked your rocker/valve clearance? My weed eater does this same thing. Thats what I need to mess with next time.

83185s
09-13-2004, 07:26 PM
no i havnt i dont mess with the rocker or valves cause i dont know wat im doin there..i can take it apart(the top end) anyway and put simple stuff back in but i cant do valves..the valves and bottom end i cant do unless its the timing part of the bottom end...everything else i can do...its been about a week since we talked so i got it all runnin right i just need a cam and a new gasket set now..the cam is because i put the old pos back in that was messed up where the bushing goes...its got like 3 groves in it and it should be smooth..lol..but its the only one i got that has the little ball that holds the pulser unit thingy on it..so its gotta work till i get a new one..it burns oil bad cause the gaskets are bad but it runs..now my engine gets overheated after about 5 minutes or less of full throttle goin down the road and i dunno how to fix it...any help there?