PDA

View Full Version : I'm leaving sunday and i can't wait! Little Sahara Bound!

H.M.F.I.C.
09-03-2004, 10:49 PM
Well, sunday me and a couple of my buddies are loading up and heading for waynoka OK. A.K.A. Little Sahara. I used to work constuction in MO and went to the dunes a couple of times and I got hooked. I live in back in MS now but I still find a way to make the little over 2,000 mile round trip to the dunes twice a year for a week at a time. Sandfest will be held the weekend of the 11th and I plan to have blast. I worked all day on my 84 ATC 110. I did a little touch up painting on it and put in a fresh set of rings along with lapping in the valves. For looks I went ahead and put on my new seat cover and a set of pro wedge tires for a little better traction. The gaskets came in for my 85 ATC 250R today so I will work on it tomorrow. It sucked the base gasket out so i have to replace it so i am goin ahead and putting in a fresh set of rings along with cleaning everything up a bit. I also am going to have to put on my gecko paddles. Strangly my banshee is the only machine I am taking that isn't requiring any work. I did take the full skid plate off last week and polish it up so I will have to reinstall it and bolt on the paddles and hit the road. Is anybody else from this site making the trip. I will have plenty of video when i get back. I can't wait to show all the people I know what a blast it is out there. And i am pretty sure I will get to do plenty of riding with all the backup bikes I am carrying.

smokinwrench
09-04-2004, 12:51 AM
I am going to Beaver Dunes Ok this weekend leaving first thing in the morning. It is about 120 miles to the west of Sahara I think. I have lots of friends going to sand fest we were planning to go but my boy won the peddle tractor pull at the county fair so he has to compete in the state fair that weekend. Have fun and kick some quad butt for me. :beer

smokinp
09-04-2004, 02:33 AM
awsome!cant wait to see the pics and videos... :TrikesOwn

Fox250R
09-04-2004, 03:56 AM
Video is a must man! :TrikesOwn