PDA

View Full Version : Howdy or others - big Question???

atctim
09-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Can someone please tell me what's up with this - I do a search on ebay for a 350x bearing carrier, and two come up (RPM and Lonestar) that mention that they fit a 250X (quad) 300EX (quad) and 350X. I tried cross referencing part numbers on bikebandit.com, but they are not the same part and don't even look the same. I've talked to two local bike shops and neither of them have ever heard of the universal part fitting all 3 models either. I need one real bad, but I don't want to buy something from ebay and face the possibility of it not fitting and then not being able to return it. Have you ever heard of this?????? I know that the 250X and 300EX are the same, but will it fit a 350X as well??????? Please help as I want to ride this beast ASAP and know a guy who has a Lonestar for a 250X real close to me.

Thanks,
ATCTim

ClayW
09-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Hey ATCTIM I was just about to ask the same thng!! Hey you may also be able to answer this question for me. I have a lot of slop in the rear portion of my swingarm. Do I need this lone star kit? Or do I just need a new bearing a seal kit? Or both? I have no idea. If it was a shaft drive bike I wouldnt have to ask this. Im new to the 350X world and need to know whats the best rout.

ClayW

OldSchoolin86
09-03-2004, 09:27 PM
ClayW, if it's your axle that is sloppy in your swingarm then you probabaly just need a bearing and seal kit. That's good news because they are a lot cheaper than a carrier.

ClayW
09-03-2004, 09:51 PM
Im pretty sure the upper swingarm part is good. The rear axle moves a lot. Like a 1/8 inch or so. So, I can become educated, where is the bearing carrier located. On the upper part of the swing arm where it mounts to the frame?
Thanks for the info

ClayW

trikerider2oo7
09-03-2004, 10:11 PM
the bearing carrier is the thing the axle goes thru in the middle...inside are 2 bearings and 2 seals. all you probably need is rear axle bearings. they are only like $35 for the set of bearings and seals and they are easy to install

OldSchoolin86
09-03-2004, 10:13 PM
The bearing carrier or Axle carrier is in the rear as pointed to in pic1. The accual unit looks like pic2. Typicaly there is 1 bearing & 1 seal in each end. It's very common for these to go out. Rebuild kits are about 20-25 bucks and that's a good investment concidering that if you let them go completely you could have to replace the carrier too. Carriers aren't always cheap so now would be a good time to replace yours. It's a bear the first time you do it so don't be afraid to have a friend help that knows whats going on. If that's not an option then someone here will always help. Good luck buddy.

Oh yeah, most bearing houses can get them too if you have the old ones or the numbers off of them but sometimes the kits are cheaper.

ClayW
09-03-2004, 10:30 PM
Thanks, now I know whats going on. I was a bit confused. Thats where I thought it had to go. Mine has a lock ring on the left side that it torn up. Looks like someone used a screwdriver or chisel to get the thing off in the past.

ClayW