PDA

View Full Version : plug fouls after riding, and cuts out at full throttle

kilabeez0
09-03-2004, 08:01 PM
my 85 110 has a cobra pipe and uni filter with no lid. It'll start easy the first or second time but after you ride it, even for a short ride, it wont start again if you shut it off or stall it. When I pull the plug is all black and wet. Also I'm pretty sure it cuts out at full throttle unless the choak is all the way open. Can anyone help me as to why? :TrikesOwn

hondaATCman
09-04-2004, 10:35 PM
If you have an aftermarket pipe, filter, and an open air box, you'll have to rejet the carb to compensate for the increased air flow. If the plug is black and wet, its too rich, which is really strange because usually when you add a pipe and increase the air flow you have to get richer jets. And if it doesn't bog when the choke is on all the way, its starving for fuel when the choke is off (lean) Try a new plug in it and see what color it is.

83185s
09-05-2004, 12:53 AM
yea and if wat hondaatcman dont help adjust the fuel air mix screw to a leaner setting..sounds like its gettin to much fuel

OldSchoolin86
09-05-2004, 10:45 AM
yea and if wat hondaatcman dont help adjust the fuel air mix screw to a leaner setting..sounds like its gettin to much fuel

I agree that can help but the air fuel screw only effects your carburation from idle to just before mid throttle.

ceaserthethird
10-31-2006, 07:30 PM
Go buy few jet's size's up and some down , also 4 - 6 plugs .

Clean the carb while your their .

Chucksoup
10-31-2006, 09:40 PM
You slow jet is from idle to 1/4ths effect on your bike running. Your main jet is effected at 3/4ths or full. Your needle setting is 1/4ths to 3/4ths effect on performance. If your plug is wet, I would pop the top of the carb, take up the clip on your needle and check your plug gap. Also is this bike a 2 stroke or 4? Cobra only makes 4 stroke pipes I think. Any how, your mixture is effected by all of these things. Lean out your midrange and full throttle, then check your plug again. Someone want to tell him how to plug and chop and jet?

TimSr
10-31-2006, 09:48 PM
Cmon, guys. This thread is from 2004!

DeePa
11-01-2006, 01:41 AM
i was gonna say.... oh #### killabeez is back!!! son of a