PDA

View Full Version : Ripped skid plate clean off my 200x

gasoline and whiskey
09-03-2004, 12:44 PM
well we just got back from a great 4 day trail riding trip in the mountains, we were doing some rock crawling with the atc's and got into this steep downhill section that required you to slide over boulders on yer skidplates,
well me and the 200x made it down ok .... minus my rear skid. the leading edge hooked up and ripped it clean off broke all 4 factory welds for the mounts and caved in the front plate pretty good too! I could not stop or turn around on that part of the "trail" , so I went back up the next morning and recovered the parts. ...just wondering has anyone come up with some kind of
heavy duty skids for there trikes?
......I have some welding to do anyhow so this is the perfect time for something custom.

bigredhead
09-03-2004, 01:19 PM
ouch.... that musta hurt ! ( the bike ! )

I have 1/8 inch plating under the crank and foot bars to protect my toes !!!.. i highly recomment it.. adds a few pounds.. but what the hell.

gasoline and whiskey
09-03-2004, 03:24 PM
cool, I may try something like that that partially protects the footpegs, shifter and brake and would alow you to slide over stuff on technical trails rather than get hung up. I have seen aluminium stuff for new quads that cover everything, a arms and all. I'm not too worried about a little extra weight either, if it makes it more functional.
...you know when I first put this trike together I got all involved with polishing
and keeping the scratches under control , the honey moon is definately over now! (I should have known better with a trail bike)

83185s
09-03-2004, 05:43 PM
i made nerf bars for mine and im thinkin of puttin some 1/8 inch steel in the middle so the dont let everything get up on trailprotrailpro feet and pedels and stuff.. i used 1 inch steel from an old hammock frame and welded it all together in a square then bolted it to the frame with those u bolts...they are shaped like a u and have a little metal bracket that goes on the other side and then 2 nuts ...it works quite well