PDA

View Full Version : kawasaki tecate

hotroddal
09-02-2004, 06:04 PM
is a 1985 kawasaki tecate with new plastics 2.5 inch axle extenders, new piston fmf pipe and good tires worth $1,000?

hondatrikesrule22
09-02-2004, 08:24 PM
If it runs good, and has no major flaws, yes its worth it.There will always be little things that need to be fixed.So, don't expect a perfect bike,thats just one of the thing associated with buying old bikes. Post pics too please. :)

jakey
09-02-2004, 08:26 PM
I would definately say pick it up, I am not sure of your riding experience and age but if you have ridden any kind of atc (sport model preferably) then you should say ok. Depending on condition i would buy it but just for the heck of it i would try like 900 or so. It just makes me feel better to get something in the triple digits. When you go to pick it up, make sure that all the wires and intact and have not been spliced. Let it idle for a few minutes to make sure it does that fine. and of course ride it through all gears. ooo yea i almost forgot pick up on the grab bar to make sure there is no suspension sag

ahhhh feels good to make a contributing post...its been a while

370banshee
09-02-2004, 09:36 PM
85 tecate huh?? if you need any parts lemm know i have a 85 tecate that i wanna sell. it's a no engine trike though. oh yeah if you can pull out the spark plug and look at it. if it's white then try and drive the price down a bit. that means it's running pretty lean. also check other normal things.