PDA

View Full Version : Dura-Blue wheel spacers for 250R??????????????????????

Mike Fort Laud
01-02-2003, 09:46 PM
I was thinking of buying a set of Dura Blue EZ Fit wheel spacers and wonder if anybody has anything good or bad to say about them. I know that it is not as good as blowing $400 on an extended axle, But want to try them out. Also gonna order a billet gas tank cap.

Lots_Of_Nothing
01-02-2003, 11:29 PM
they are real nice for stability and looks, but if you plan on doing some serious jumping then i would take them off

ATCRYDER
01-03-2003, 12:16 AM
Extended Axles and wheels spacers mean no close trail riding.........Thats what to take into conserdation before you get anything. If I were you Id' just keep checkin for used Extended axles off the TRX400EX's and TRX250R's///////////youre bound to find a good deal!

Rob

Jeb
01-03-2003, 10:06 AM
I have aluminum wheel spacers on my 85 Z and 86 Tecate. The good thing about them besides price is that you can switch from stock to extended and back and forth very easily. I had an extended axle on my 84 Tecate and there were times I wished I could switch back and forth. I don't do allot of jumping anymore because #1 i'm getting older and #2 i don't like being that hard on my 3 wheelers. I agree that if you catch allot of big air, go with an extended axle. I enjoy the "slide-ability" you gain but I agree with Rob that it's a little tighter going in the trails too.

The spacers on my 86 are the typical ones that you have to take the studs out of the hubs and use long bolts. they actually press-fit onto the surface that the rims normaly seat on. you just tighten the lug nuts to seat the spacers. you take the long bolts completely out and they won't fall off. but they can be tapped off the hub very easily.

The ones on my Z are like none I've seen before. they fit over the stock studs so you dont have to remove them. They bolt onto the hub then they have another set of studs in them to bolt the wheel too. they feel much stouter. I'm sure they are now un-obtainable. they were on my Z when I bought it.

I have a set of plastic ones for the 85-87 Tecate and rear hubs of Tecate-4. no way I'd use them.