PDA

View Full Version : My Tecate

Meat-BoX
08-31-2004, 08:50 PM
Well I got the fenders on and got the bike running real good. I slapped the seat on and took it for a spin to check out how she handles. I hav'nt ridden a 3 wheeler in many years and I thought I would be a little scared with the motor rebuilt. Im not, I keep looking for another gear and it seems to wind out too easy. Im gonna look at the sprockets and see how many teeth they have. Any way the suspension is great and it doesnt like havin the front tire on the ground. I was rippin in 5th gear in a park up the road and hit a puddle hidden in the grass. That lame tire up front allmost killed me. The water came up over the tire and up into my face. I wasnt wearin any eye wear. It plowed through the puddle and allmost put me over the bars. Any way all that is needed now is the seat cover put on, the headlight, rear brakes and a DG exhaust. I should have painted the motor but oh well, I'll leave it for the next owner. Here is a couple of pics I took after my ride. Sorry, I had to clean off the mud. Anyone want to buy it when she is done? She will be totally rebuilt. I need to sell it fast before I go riding and ding it up or something. :TrikesOwn

cliff2302
08-31-2004, 08:53 PM
It looks great, congrats. what do you want for it? you can PM me. thanks

hondawilly
08-31-2004, 09:14 PM
sweet i wish i could get good deal on threewheelers right now i dont even have one that works

trikerider2oo7
08-31-2004, 09:17 PM
nice...i would like to get a tecate some day

Meat-BoX
08-31-2004, 09:30 PM
My Tecate hasnt ran for probably 10-15 years before I slapped it in last week. It only took me 8 years to restore it. :rolleyes:
I like it but I just did it for a project to have while I was out on workers comp 8 years ago. Im still on comp but my Tecate will be done. As soon as I sell it my wife said I can buy a new 4-wheeler. Big 4x4 for me and my broken back. :beer
Picking up an 83 Yamaha 175 in Newfoundland in October for $400 canadien. Thats my next 3 wheeler project. :Bounce
Hang tough Honda willy, you will be hittin the trails yet.

smokinp
08-31-2004, 10:04 PM
you did a great job! :TrikesOwn

MTS
08-31-2004, 10:37 PM
DUUUUUUUDE that thing is wicked...i would so buy it in a second except im on the other side of the continent and in canada...lol

BigGreenMachine
09-02-2004, 01:42 PM
I like that a lot, the low pro plastic is looking good to me lately and for Christmas I may buy a set if I don't like the Maier 86 rear plastic I have.

Meat, I'm finially home in Newfoundland, let the Tecate project begin.

Congrats on a very sweet ride.