PDA

View Full Version : has 3WW or anybody tried this before ?

TECATE CRAZE
08-29-2004, 10:23 AM
I had an idea a year ago I was able to find and email Sean Finley, he was a factory rider for Kawasaki on the 1986 kawasaki kxt 250 tecate-3 back in the 80's. I said I wanted to set up a Telephone interview with him and he was down with it. I was going to ask him about atc racing back in the 80's and try to find out if he still had his tecates and any useful info to help with my tecates I was wondering if anyone here has tried this or maybe 3wheelerworld might be able set up interview with guys like Marty Hart, Jimmy White, and/or other racers from that time. I have seen other website's do this and I would think this would be helpful for those who are too young to remember or maybe others like me who like to know what it was like to be a racer in the time when 3 wheelers where kings at the tracks.

mymint87
08-29-2004, 11:25 AM
its only a matter of time when the all pieces will be put back together...

I myself have had about a 20 min interview with Nick Nicholson, and speak with Tommy Gaian on a regular basis...

I think your ideal is fabulous and by all means persue it

your comment about three wheelers being "King of the track" has made Mymint once again ponder the place of 3 wheels in a 4 wheel world

smokinp
08-29-2004, 12:09 PM
sounds like a great idea to me,let us know how it goes. ;)

trikerider2oo7
08-29-2004, 07:06 PM
that is a good idea...but it will be kinda hard findin them

TECATE CRAZE
08-29-2004, 07:49 PM
not really... all you have to do is look on the internet , that's how I found Sean Finley and I emailed him my intentions and he seemed willing I was hoping to find out the inside scoop on the kawasaki tecate-3 racer but I chickened out maybe we can get him on here for a Q & A and we all can ask him to shed a light on atc racing back then .

Curtis-Tecate3
08-29-2004, 09:24 PM
I have located most all of the ex. kawi riders through lots of research and would like to assist if needed. I have contact with Jimmy White, Steve Mendenhall, Donnie Luce, Sean Finley, Tim Helter, Jackie Meadows, and Greg Baker. The only one to still have a 3 wheeler is Jimmy White. I also have contacts with the following tuners Harry Klemm, Darryl Bassani, and Ron Baker.

I have never shared their info with the board out of respect for privacy but if Billy or Howdy would like I could share the info with them if this project is serious. If we could at least get them to participate on the board then maybe we could setup a separate forum category for them. Just an idea.

Curtis.

83185s
08-29-2004, 09:53 PM
sounds like a really good idea to me!! go for it guys!

Tecate250
11-28-2004, 11:41 PM
That would be bad ***.
Sit down and chat up storys and get some inside info on mods and parts ect.
Could you imagine if someone showed up at trike fest. I seen on a web site that jimmy white works for kenda tire.

CHAINSAW
11-28-2004, 11:51 PM
That would be sweet to get them involved with the site... I bet they'd get a kick out of it

Dammit!
11-29-2004, 12:16 AM
Best bet would be to do a phone interview and tape it. Convert the interview to mp3 and just post it for download.