PDA

View Full Version : cam gear setting

svo58
08-27-2004, 06:52 PM
when you put the cam gear back you are looking for the "F" mark on the flywheel .Now after you do that is the intake valve open or closed,i put the cam back allined the "O" with the other mark, the intake valve is open,is that normal.Need help ,thanks ......svo58

n8dizzle2003
08-27-2004, 10:07 PM
uhhhh.. no. The lobes on the cam shaft should be facing down and the bolts should be vertical and you should be using the T mark on the flywheel. U use the F mark to set the timing. Also no valves should be open and the lobes shouldn't be touching the rockers either... Good luck

83185s
08-27-2004, 10:26 PM
no u shouldnt be doin that at all...when u put the gear back on u should have the little O mark on the gear facing straight up and the cam shaft facing so the lobes are down...you use the f mark on the flywheel for the timing...the t mark lines everything up for u if u do it right..its a simple 5 minute job if u have done it alot like alot of us ..u shouldnt need to be doin alot but ive had to since my 185 is a pos

svo58
08-28-2004, 06:51 AM
thanks for the help,the cam lobs should be faced down-the valves closed,then put the cam on "O" at 12 o'clock (stright up and down) then i should be good?