PDA

View Full Version : Caliper question...84 Teacte

250rulzes
08-27-2004, 01:15 PM
Hey, I'm new to the site...It looks pretty cool and quite extensive. Lots of nice bikes on here! I'm having problems with my KXT 250 rear master/caliper. I bought a new piston for the Master and new seals for the caliper. I bled the system but can't get a lot of travel out of the piston in the caliper. The pads are some what new and even though the rear brakes slow the machine, I can't lock the axel up....any advice????? :beer

ange
08-27-2004, 08:50 PM
The rear brakes are a major pain on a T3 to bleed. I even used a vacum pump to try and get all the air out... still have a soft pedal.

The master cylinder pumps so little fluid, that it makes it difficult move the air out.

only advice I can give is to give it another try (also you may want to buy some new bleeder screws/valves for the caliper).

250rulzes
08-27-2004, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the update.... That’s a sweet T-3, there seem to be a bunch of sweet tecate's on this site...I followed the Tecate manual on bleeding procedures but still have that "soft pedal" as you describe...do you recommend the speed bleeder or the stock OEM unit????

250rulzes
08-29-2004, 10:08 PM
Still looking for help...anyone else have any answers??????