PDA

View Full Version : 200E help?

GrizzTorque
08-24-2004, 01:01 PM
I have a 200E that was left in a barn for 4 years with gas and what-not still in it, I took the carb off and took it all apart it was filthy I have it soaking in mineral spirits, I am going to pick up a new sparkplug and see if it will run with the carb cleaned and some new gas, Can you think of anything else it needs to run? Im hoping it will fire right up it has spark but i want to put a new sparkplug in it anyways.aparently it ran when it was parked 4 years ago.

Mobular
08-24-2004, 02:50 PM
Give it an oil change, and make sure there's fresh oil in the topend before it fires. Either cycle it through thoroughly or pour fresh oil in the valve adjusting caps.

GrizzTorque
08-24-2004, 03:33 PM
i put the carb back on and pulled it behind my truck to start it, it runs and idles but thats it give it gas and it dies.

GrizzTorque
08-24-2004, 05:41 PM
I took a look at the oil and it smells like it may be gas...and theres not much in there. I am going to change the oil and try again I know some old engines wont run if they dont have much oil in them, hopefully this is the problem.

MTS
08-24-2004, 10:54 PM
the gas in the oil sounds like from when it was parked the needle on the carb got stuck open and draind all the gas into the cylendar which went past the rings eventually...i had it befor nothin to worry about there....change the oil and put a little extra in when you do maby it didnt have enough oil presure so it died?