PDA

View Full Version : 1983 Honda ATC200

atctim
08-21-2004, 05:56 PM
This new digital camera has me picture happy. Here's some pics of my "old faithful". She doesn't see too much riding anymore since I got some trikes with rear suspension. She is 100% original with the exception of rear tires and a new seat cover (home made). I am going to clean her up real good soon and change her sprockets for speed. She will then be my "pavement only" trike. I hope to achieve speeds of 60 - 65 mph. It has 20" tires on her, originals were 25". Anyone know what sprockets I need for her??

replys appriciated

83185s
08-21-2004, 09:05 PM
that a big red? well if u want to go 60 to 65 id get like 14 to 40 ratio...big reds go 45 stock

atctim
08-22-2004, 09:07 AM
Nope, not a Big Red - just an ATC200 - Big Reds (ATC200ES) had front racks, hi / lo range, electric start, and looked different

threewheelin-feelin
08-22-2004, 03:28 PM
just a atc200 with a rack on the back

84250r
08-22-2004, 03:46 PM
looks good to me!

smokinp
08-22-2004, 08:33 PM
that is the same trike is mine,I have 13 tooth front and stock rear with stock tires and it would go pretty fast,and by the way nice trike!

triking
08-22-2004, 08:50 PM
those 200's are builts if ya know how to tune'm

hondaATCman
08-23-2004, 12:29 AM
You will actually gain speed by installing bigger tires and loose speed with smaller tires...BUT its weight dependant. Most people either don't believe this or overlook it because in most cases, the bigger the tires...the heavier they are (resulting in speed loss) and smaller tires are more lightweight which will usually gain speed up to a certain point if they're lighter than other "bigger" tires. If you could find a very lightweight tire, let's say like a 24" that weigh the same as your 20" tires you will gain a little speed because of the increased rolling distance.

As far as the sprockets go, if I understand correctly, you are wanting to gear your trike for pure top end speed. In that case you will want the biggest front sprocket and the smallest rear sprocket available.

smokinp
08-23-2004, 01:21 AM
yes,big front sprocket and small rear sprocket gives you top speed,I don't know if you can buy a smaller rear sprocket,has anyone looked into it?I know that one of my friends has a small rear sprocket on his 200...

kryppy
08-23-2004, 06:54 AM
This new digital camera has me picture happy. Here's some pics of my "old faithful". She doesn't see too much riding anymore since I got some trikes with rear suspension. She is 100% original with the exception of rear tires and a new seat cover (home made). I am going to clean her up real good soon and change her sprockets for speed. She will then be my "pavement only" trike. I hope to achieve speeds of 60 - 65 mph. It has 20" tires on her, originals were 25". Anyone know what sprockets I need for her??

replys appriciated

Wow yours looks nicer than mine!! Anyway, after some hard riding my exhaust system fell off, so I made a header and it now goes 62 mph! 22" tires on rear, stock sprockets.
Im thinking of a bigger carburator but the thing is pretty scarry now with no brakes. :)

The float bowl is leaking a bit as well, think I'll get a kit. I hope it doesn'
t get any faster,.