PDA

View Full Version : Yet another T-3 problem, It won't shift!

whiteman350x
08-19-2004, 07:24 PM
Here it is. Totaly rebuilt the 86 T-3. New crank seals and all. Finally got the carb right. Moved it around the yard a little. It went into 1st and back to neutral just fine. Started down a trail and found that it wound not shift after a little ways. The shifter would move but it wasn't changing gears. After playing w/ it a while I discovered that if you come off the trhottle and let it enging brake about 50 ft, it will shift 1 time then no more, let it brake again and you get another shift, when it shifts, it will go up or down. Any idea why it might do this?

MIK6
08-19-2004, 08:20 PM
I have had the same thing happen to my T3. I would bet on the shift spring. I had a spring fall off. W/o it it will not let the fork things work the star looking shift thing (I know the discription is too technical). Any ways I would check the springs involver w/ the shift shaft, under the kickstart gear.

GOOD LUCK
MIK6 / Mike

whiteman350x
08-19-2004, 09:53 PM
Yep, it was a spring. It fell off. Under closer inspection I found that I had the wrong spring on there. Have to order the right one and should be in good shape. Thanks Mike!!