PDA

View Full Version : 87 kxt, jetting, hubs, shrouds

OZQUAD44
08-17-2004, 07:24 AM
G'Day Guys, Three questions;
1. does anyone know the standard jet sizes for a 86/87 tecate,
2. Will hubs or and axle from another machine, such as a yamaha or honda fit a tecate, and
3. someone was talking about making a right hand radiator shroud for the tecate. how did it go?
Cheers.
P.S. im attempting to put a picture of my bike on here. With a bit of luck it may come out.

whiteman350x
08-17-2004, 07:28 AM
Jet sizes:
Main: 270
Pilot: 35

Xowner
08-17-2004, 10:11 AM
nice t-3 and the right tanks fin is called GREEN GOLD you are very lucky to find it good luck

MIK6
08-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Nice looking T3!!! Its a 87, does it still have the key? How about the parking brake? What have you done to it? I see you are missing the front sprocket guard. I know it is plastic but it is important, it will slow the chain down and stop it from ruining the swingarm.

NICE T3
MIK6 / Mike

OZQUAD44
08-17-2004, 06:07 PM
The key is long gone, the bracket is still there though,and the park brake is still there but it dosent work real well it has to be freed up a bit. I'll probably make an aluminuim chain gard for it when I tear it down for the rebuild. New plastic is on the way and should be here any day now. I'm hopping from one foot to the other in anticipation.
As you can see by the photo the RH radiator shroud is held together with tape. Once the new left hand shroud comes in i was thinking of using it as donor plastic to get the RH shroud plastic welded.
If i knew who to write to I would have a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro to Kawasaki about making one side shroud and not the other. Its just pain dumb. Apart from plastics, just about everything on a trike can be refabricated or substited by somthing else.
For example; i can still buy rubber seals from inside the fuel tap. Now if I couldn't source this item I would just fit a fuel tap off a more recent model. But when it comes to plastic, your stuffed.
P.S. Oh I almost forgot, Thanks for the Jets sizes. Now Ive got somewhere to start from.