PDA

View Full Version : 84 200 x proj.

DIGGER DOG
01-01-2003, 06:54 PM
here it is my $400.00 200 x would there be any thing wrong if I were to put the motor on an 85 frame or should I go with 84 ?? all 84 parts or mix n match with 85 ??

DIGGER DOG
01-01-2003, 07:00 PM
another pic it didnt work the first time

Honda300ex
01-01-2003, 07:57 PM
Wish i could find something like that for 4 hundred :evil: :x

DIGGER DOG
01-01-2003, 09:27 PM
It really is worse than it looks the pics make it look good it has lots of problems ,the right fork leg (has the brake caliper) is dented and leaks bad,the right crank case (has kicker on it )needs gaskets,frame has some broken bolts that need to be drilled out ,needs complete rear master cyl,triple trees are oxidised bad need to be replaced,gas tank has dents but is ok no rust inside,all plastic is shot you can break it just by flicking it with a finger,no head light ,carb is frankensteined with wood screws and gasket sealer,frame also has some bolt holes (where the fender slips on to rubber and where gas tank is bolted) that need to be re tapped,swing arm has holes drilled into it for a trailer hitch and mount for rear skid plate is gone,only has front brakes.i could go on and on .needs TLC and its gonna get it now ,got another frame and misc parts 85 though. It runs great though plenty of power i havent done a comp.test yet fires up first or second kick

200xer
01-01-2003, 11:25 PM
83-85 motors are the same. I believe the only difference between the 83 and the 84-85 is the swingarm.

Jonathan
01-02-2003, 12:27 AM
You'll be just fine, my 200x is actually an 85 frame with an 84 motor. Differences between years are more than just the swingarm, but I won't get into that.

DIGGER DOG
01-02-2003, 07:31 PM
The thing that im betwixed and between about is im a perfectionest I would like to get it back as original as I can with the exeptions of the extended axle and the super trapp .i can get what I think is an 84 frame at a local shop for $200.00 question the 84s had red rear shock black seat ,black forks correct ?? did any othe ryears have the same color shock ,forks ???Ive got 85 front shocks not painted as the 85s were but the left fork is bent may be I could paint hte right fork leg black to match the 84 color scheme??? man I gotta decide what Im gonna do with this thing resale value is not a question because im not selling it so I oughtta just put it all on the 85 frame .

Dynofox
01-02-2003, 08:12 PM
The 83 had the same color scheme as the 84.

waterfowler
01-02-2003, 10:11 PM
After reading your posts, you said you wanted to get back to stock. I noticed that it has white fenders, and 83's had red. Just wondering, I have a set of red fenders if you would be interested in trading for your white. I am looking for a white set. Just wondering.
:D 8)

sean8231
01-02-2003, 11:50 PM
$200 for a 200x frame??? Is it like new??? Thats a crazy amount of money to spend on a 200x frame... I had 3 of them, and couldnt give them away...... If your willing to put a little elbow grease into one, you can get a solid frame on ebay for 20-30 bucks.....
If I were you, I wouldnt be too worried about the color scheme yet, you should get it mechanically sound first.....
I think I still have an 85 swingarm in the garage somewhere, no cracks, just needs bearings and paint, if i find it and you want it, you pay shipping and its yours....

Sean

catfishwhisker
01-02-2003, 11:57 PM
Since your going to put it back stock, you might as well take that extended axle out! I got a stock one I'll trade ya. You don't need that old thing anyway, too wide for trails and stuff. ;)

Curtis-Tecate3
01-03-2003, 10:47 AM
Actually the 83 motor has a few different things. The kickstart gears are better in the 84-85 and the timing was different between the 83 and the 84-85.

Curtis.

DIGGER DOG
01-04-2003, 11:45 AM
sean the 200x frame has a motor +front end +swing arm with all bearrings it has head light complete forks triple trees fornt and rear mastercyls roters calipers the only thing missing is fenders ,gas tank axle
but 200$$$ is a little steep though.catfish Im putting it back together stock exept for the ext axle and super trapp gonna keep those on it if and when i get a 350x and 250r ill be looking for extended axles for those trikes too sorry :) water fouler you dont want the fenders I have they are junk the pics dont have much detail they are so cracked and sun faded you can break them by fliking with you finger every time i ride it a piece of the fender breaks the pics in this case make it look good they are decieveing.thanx every one for your input it is gratly appreciated sorry if I forgot to answer any one

DIGGER DOG
01-04-2003, 11:57 AM
the parts I have now for the restore include 2 rear mastercyls rear both need to be rebuilt,2 top triples 1 bottom,1 engine inner case only ,1frame+swing arm needs axle carrier bearings rusted to hell on inside of axle carrier,handle bars outer cover thumb throttle needs insides,brake hoses frt +rr,skid plate motoer skid plate swing arm,+more all 85.also 2 front wheels and 1 rear.