PDA

View Full Version : heard of a rooster?

dirtbike77
01-01-2003, 06:15 PM
my friend just brought one for his 86 atc250r? i think u plug it in were the cdi is? what does it do?

Lots_Of_Nothing
01-01-2003, 06:34 PM
it is suppose to give the spark more spark like a performance stator or something, they are a waste of money, ask anyone....all they are is like a coil of wires in the plastic thing, BIG waste of money...

oh, and by the way...look through the pages of the topics, this question has been asked and answered at least 3 times

dirtbike77
01-01-2003, 06:56 PM
were do they plug up at?

ATCRYDER
01-02-2003, 01:41 AM
try it before you knock it, 84atc250r :rolleyes:

It plugs into the CDI, dirtbike. its not called rooster......tis called roost boost.

ATC'R
01-02-2003, 02:56 AM
I think you are talking about Answer's "Roost Boost" ignition booster. I dont think they sell those new anymore. They never did much more than lighten a persons wallet. So I guess yes, the power to weight ratio improves a bit. I have had friends install them years ago and never noticed any difference. Same performance and spark plug life. I talked with an ex-national pro racer by the name of Boyd Calvert and he said he had tested it on his race bike and noticed no difference in power or lap times.