PDA

View Full Version : Exhause pipe fell off at the head 200s today/

kryppy
08-16-2004, 09:30 AM
It got loud, and burned a hole in my fender, but it had so damn much power I didn't care!!! Probably will burn an exhaust valve if I leave it like that, but I hit 61MPH!!! Dusted a 4x4 vinson!!
Doese this mean my exhaust pipe is clogged, or my jets are funky. It idles and ran perfect after it fell off.
Pulling the wheel up,in THIRD!! Lost NO low end, and gained TOP
Guess I need to build a header.

TrikeKid
08-16-2004, 11:03 AM
either you're pipe was cloged or you had some loose bolts. you will be running lean if you leave it like that so i'd invest in some bigger jets.

smokinp
08-16-2004, 02:09 PM
I've noticed that too on my 200,I took the pipe off when I put the engine in my 200X and when I started it up to see if it would run I noticed a huge gain,I think its the muffler that holds the power back because I put a high flow muffler system on to my headpipe and its runs better then having no exhaust..

Russell 350X
08-17-2004, 10:25 PM
The head pipe and the rest of it broke away from each other, and its freakin loud. It crackels with the let off, and it has a shitload more power. But regardless i still have to fix it.

rob0781
08-18-2004, 12:54 AM
i heard if you run an engine with no manifold or head pipe it'll burn it up..

smokinp
08-18-2004, 01:06 AM
the only reason a engine will burn up with no exhaust is beacuse it runs lean...

threewheelin-feelin
08-18-2004, 12:00 PM
yes it will burn your valves up. i think if you take the tail pipe off were the 2 pipes connected and just leave the heade were it turns it wont burn your valves but im not sure.

kryppy
08-23-2004, 07:38 AM
Sup guys. I fixed it. Will post pics later. One of the head studs was broke off, and a bit of alumimum head is cracked. I was going to put JB weld there and pull the stud, but the exhaust pipe fit in so good, one seemed fine. Went straight out the back and added a curved satellite mount as a tail pipe. Sounds like an old Ford with glasspacks!! I love it. Also made a snorkle.

Would have been done sooner, but my Ranger broke the timing belt Sat. Those things are like ATCS!! You can't kill em. I downshifted 5 4 3 2 1 pounding the gas trying to get it to go again when it happened.. :) No bent valves!! Muwahahaha Amazing. Everyone have a good one!!