PDA

View Full Version : 200x Battery power

Muddy200x
08-15-2004, 06:37 AM
I do most of my riding at night, and the lighting on my trike kinda sucked. For about 2 years I've had this brand new Hondaline kit for adding a battery to an atc200, and I decided to get off my ass and do something with it. A little fabrication on the battery box to get it to fit the frame, a plug here and a plug there, and walla! Works sweet, and you would think it was made for the 200x. The lights are nice and bright and don't get brighter and dimmer when you rev the engine. And now the voltage is regulated, It works really well with the 350x lights (no more blowing bulbs). The best part is, I only paid like $23.00 for the kit, and inside the box was the original receipt for $392.65 :D

smokinp
08-15-2004, 04:50 PM
very cool!did u buy that off ebay?

vartiak15
08-15-2004, 06:48 PM
is that an oil cooler under the tank in the first pic?

Muddy200x
08-15-2004, 09:39 PM
Yep, I found it on ebay Ebay. That's a voltage regulator under the tank. It fits perfectly in that little spot by the coil. The battery is actualy charged by the alternator. It's a pretty sweet setup, it plugs right into the wire harness. Looks stock. I'll get a pic text time I have the gas tank off.

84250r
08-15-2004, 11:13 PM
Very neat! I like it!

vartiak15
08-15-2004, 11:17 PM
so you wana give me your tool box you had on there????

Glenn J
08-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Excellent set up! Too bad those battery kits aren't more common.

Glenn J
09-20-2004, 01:37 PM
Sorry to bump an old thread. Any way you could scan the directions? I wounder if something could be fabbed up to work with a smaller commonly available battery.

Muddy200x
09-20-2004, 02:34 PM
The directions that came with it were no help at all. It was made to go on an atc200 so the directions were like "plug this end here, and that end there" The real help was the wiring diagrams on the main 3WW site.
The diagram to the atc200 has a small separate diagram in the corner that shows how the battery kit connects, but it's a little different then the x.
I was getting a major headache trying to figure out how to retro fit it, so I took the wiring diagrams from both the 200x and the atc200 to an electrician/maintanance man that I work with, and he figured it out for me.
It was a piece of cake hooking it up after that. I had to change the plugs on the kit from a triple plug connection to single plug connections, so it would plug nicely into the x wire harness. I love it. Now I need to find a goki starter system. :)

I would say that a good electrician could figure out how to make up a nice little wire harness with a voltage regulator that would work. Simply from studying both of the diagrams and looking at the trike.

GOOD LUCK

leprogle
09-20-2004, 09:53 PM
I was wondering if a complete 200m or 200es wiring harness would work on a 200x. I'm planning on putting a 185 motor in a 200x frame, and a 200m or es wiring harness would work with that wouldn't it? but the 200x and xr200 are way too different aren't they?

Glenn J
09-21-2004, 01:42 PM
The directions that came with it were no help at all. It was made to go on an atc200 so the directions were like "plug this end here, and that end there" The real help was the wiring diagrams on the main 3WW site.
The diagram to the atc200 has a small separate diagram in the corner that shows how the battery kit connects, but it's a little different then the x.
I was getting a major headache trying to figure out how to retro fit it, so I took the wiring diagrams from both the 200x and the atc200 to an electrician/maintanance man that I work with, and he figured it out for me.
It was a piece of cake hooking it up after that. I had to change the plugs on the kit from a triple plug connection to single plug connections, so it would plug nicely into the x wire harness. I love it. Now I need to find a goki starter system. :)

I would say that a good electrician could figure out how to make up a nice little wire harness with a voltage regulator that would work. Simply from studying both of the diagrams and looking at the trike.

GOOD LUCK

Thanks for the advice. I'll give those diagrams a look. :cool:

smokinp
09-21-2004, 08:45 PM
muddy,do you have anything done to the engine?

Muddy200x
09-22-2004, 07:54 AM
Nope, the engine that's on it is stock except for the pipe and air cleaner. But, I'm working on it. I have a project XR engine on the bench right now. I'm gonna build the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out of it, and convert the kicker. It's gonna be Shweet when I'm done, a money is no object kinda thing, :cool: and probably about a year. :( http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/muddy2OOx/images/dscf0533.jpg

smokinp
09-22-2004, 10:36 AM
sweet!I am goin to do an xr engine up for my x,what are you planing to do with it?(for mods)

Muddy200x
09-24-2004, 06:49 AM
I plan on getting the stroked Powroll 218cc premium kit with 12:1 compression and the race cam. I'm going to have the head ported as large as I can go and oversize valves installed. I got a 31mm mikuni carb that I'm hoping will work well with the engine mods. While I have the engine apart, I'm going to send the cases, head cylinder and rocker box out to get ceramic coated. Well, that's the plan anyway. It's been hard to save money with the gunshows in town. :)