PDA

View Full Version : rare part on ebay

deathman53
08-13-2004, 07:52 PM
I found this auction for in the box mugen springs for a 83 atc250r,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2486760087&category=34284

also a nos honda sticker

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10961&item=2262586871&rd=1

smokinp
08-13-2004, 08:54 PM
yes,very rare!THats the first time I have seen those springs before...

TrikerR
08-13-2004, 08:55 PM
whoa, i thoguht when i read mugen on some ones ebay sale on there 250r that they were making s**t up cause i thought mugen only made performance car parts.

NICKG
08-13-2004, 08:58 PM
whoa, i thoguht when i read mugen on some ones ebay sale on there 250r that they were making s**t up cause i thought mugen only made performance car parts.
hehe...that means you are a youngin' they started out doin motorcycle parts

TrikerR
08-13-2004, 09:50 PM
really, jeez yea i always thought they were cars...well you what they say, you learn something new everyday

350x'inNY
08-14-2004, 07:31 AM
Hate to burst your bubbles..... but....

1.) I see the box says "Mugen".... I'd just beware or ask the guy for sure if they are Mugen or not. They look exactly like the ones I bought recently from Progressive. If you read the description within, it says they are progressive fork springs. (carefully forgeting to capitalize!) I just bought a set for my 82R and for my GoGo girl 350X. BikeBandit.com had them on sale for ~$62. So personally, with shipping from that guy, I'd probably not go over $40-45 on an auction. I had the 2 sets of Progressive Springs sent from BikeBandit w/o tax and for $6 shipping. Not sure the difference between a Mugen or Progressive fork springs.

2.) The "rare" sticker I got caught up on before... I have bought that same sticker, a "Warning: I drive on 3 wheels" 82 Honda Promo Bumper sticker, and a Honda HRC racing sticker from the same person, just changed their ID. I can't say whether or not they are "originals", but seems like they sell like one per month so noone catches on! The Bumper sticker, I asked how many she had when I got mine and I thought she told me it was the last one. I've seen her sell at least 4 more of them since. As a side note, I am currently using those stickers to make large vinal banners to hang in my shop, once that's done, I'm sending them to Harlan in MN (oldman) and let him do his duplication magic.

Bruce

kilabeez0
08-14-2004, 10:39 AM
it's a big vintage atc racing sticker scam! good work on busting this big dollar sticker cartel :rolleyes: :p

mymint87
08-14-2004, 01:41 PM
it's a big vintage atc racing sticker scam! good work on busting this big dollar sticker cartel :rolleyes: :p

its vultures like those people who prey upon our enthusiasm and should be exposed.

whether it was a $1.00 sticker or $1000.00 dollar part its all the same

IMO its black and white...a theifs a theif....

200xalltheway
08-18-2004, 12:28 AM
my 200x has a sticker just like that on the tank.

TrikeKid
08-18-2004, 02:38 PM
Hate to burst your bubbles..... but....

1.) I see the box says "Mugen".... I'd just beware or ask the guy for sure if they are Mugen or not. They look exactly like the ones I bought recently from Progressive. If you read the description within, it says they are progressive fork springs. (carefully forgeting to capitalize!) I just bought a set for my 82R and for my GoGo girl 350X. BikeBandit.com had them on sale for ~$62. So personally, with shipping from that guy, I'd probably not go over $40-45 on an auction. I had the 2 sets of Progressive Springs sent from BikeBandit w/o tax and for $6 shipping. Not sure the difference between a Mugen or Progressive fork springs.

Bruce
i think by progressive he means progressive spring rate.