PDA

View Full Version : T-3 powervalve question.

whiteman350x
08-13-2004, 07:14 PM
I am to the point in the rebulid of my 86 t-3 motor where I need to remove the powervalves and clean all that stuff. Any pointers? How do I go about timing them? I have both the 84 and 86 manuals. I have read over the powervalve removal section and it dosen't seem that bad. Just want to know if there are any tricks I need to be aware of.

CHAINSAW
08-13-2004, 10:46 PM
Ive never been in a KX motor, but YZ motors you cant mess up. There is only one way the PV lever will go.

atckowalski
08-13-2004, 11:39 PM
The thread on the nut to remove them is a reverse thread.Righty loosy Lefty tighty. :rolleyes:

whiteman350x
08-14-2004, 02:46 PM
I am way past all that. I need to remove the powervalves from the cyl. and clean them up. They need to move a little more freely. It was parked for many years and the powervalves stuck. They will move now but not like I think they should.

ScottZJ
08-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Hey Whiteman I am in the process of doing the same thing. MIK6 is really good at this and was going to give me some directions on how to along with a few parts. I havent received this yet, but I do have a manual and might try this on my own. If not the shop will take care of it for me.
You will need the 86 suppliment manual in order to have the pages you need. Let me know how it goes.............peace