PDA

View Full Version : Is this 200X worth $800?

clong
08-13-2004, 04:30 PM
My dad has a ranch we go ride at and a friend of my Dad’s has this 200X he rode over one night and now he wants to sell it. He wants $800 for it. Does it look worth it to you? It runs absolutely perfect with plenty of power, starts easy and doesn’t smoke. Cosmetically it not too great. I’m also not sure what year it is.

If I don’t buy it, he said I can take the handle bars on it for my 200X casue he has the original ones he wants to put on it.

Lots_Of_Nothing
08-13-2004, 04:48 PM
looks kind of worth it,, got a few interesting parts on it,, the desert seat, pipe, (and is that swinger aftermarket or just painted?), although the picture is kind of bad, i would say it is,, but in true buyer fashion, i'd try and talk him down anyways.

threewheelin-feelin
08-13-2004, 05:05 PM
offer $500 if he wont take it offer $600 and show it to him when you offer it put it infront of his nose let him smell it. it works for me but im trying to get a 87 200x the guy only wants $600 he says its in ec.

clong
08-13-2004, 05:40 PM
From what I remember the last time I saw it in person the seat has a few cracks in it and the rear tub has a crack in it. If I had it I would have to get some silver DG wheels, a new Maier tub, High flite seat cover, Oneal bar pad and I think thats about it. Prablably needs about $275 invested to be to my standards.

I do know it has steel braided brake lines, the tires are good as are the drive train and the tank has no dents but it needs new decals. I think I would buy it for $600 but $800 might be to much. It does run good though. Hard to say.

BigGreenMachine
08-13-2004, 05:46 PM
Looks worth it to me. Offer the guy 500 like was said and go higher if he says no.

Desert seat, pipe, skidplate, possible ext. swinger, and doesn't need to much. I'd go for it.

smokinp
08-13-2004, 09:10 PM
I would go for it,offer him less and have the money in your hand and then see what he says.even for 800 it I think it is worth it...

clong
08-16-2004, 03:22 PM
I decided against it. It is totally worth $800, but I just bought a 350X and I don't need another trike, although the more the merrier I have to be realistic. I did however take the bars for it. Ther fresh and straight, better than what I have on mine now. I put the stock ones on it for the guy. BTW, the swingarm on my 83 is also blue just like the one in this picture and both of them are 1983's. Must have been popular to paint the swingers blue.

ATC crazy
08-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Id pay $700-$800 for it. Around here there are hardly any trikes at all. It looks like its in great shape for the price...snatch it up man!