PDA

View Full Version : why!!!!!!!

jakey
08-13-2004, 02:53 PM
Will a bike suddenly lose its bottom end power due to a hole in the exhaust?

thanks

86250RZ
08-13-2004, 04:12 PM
Loss of back pressure.

smokinp
08-13-2004, 04:16 PM
yep,no back pressure...

Lots_Of_Nothing
08-13-2004, 04:45 PM
hahah,, oh yes it will, on my old 84 R, i was going through the woods, and at the time i had a stock rusty pipe,, and i come up to a big log, and i was messing with a friend racing him through the trails, i come to a log and try to "hop" it, and the log got between the front tire and the bottom of the head pipe, snapped the pipe right in the front after the engine... riding home was a shame, the thing had trouble even moving at all, not to mention it sounded like a pile of crap with no pipe at all, there was absolutely no bottom end power at all, i was tempted to get off and push the dumb thing.,, after that i got a new pipe, and was back in action. If its just a little hole you could try to patch it for a quick fix with exhaust glue crap or exaust tape etc., but i would get a new pipe as soon as possible, once a pipe starts getting holes, they seem to just keep appearing out of nowhere.

TrikerR
08-13-2004, 09:58 PM
my 110 has a big rust hole at the bottom of where the expansion chmaber is, will this affect its performance