PDA

View Full Version : ATC70 and my friend both got hurt

TrikeKid
08-11-2004, 12:09 AM
my freinds uncle is storing an ATC70 at my friends house and we've been messing with it trying to get it to start and a few days ago he tryed to start it. him and his brother were messing with it and he went to start it and it went up in flames. the tank is completly destroyed (its a plastic tank of of an old dirtbike not a 70 tank) the whole top is burned open the seat is scorched and the motor is blackened and my friend has 2nd degree burns on his leg. the only good thing is that i might get it dirt cheap now because the uncle isnt going to want it.

smokinp
08-11-2004, 12:36 AM
my freinds uncle is storing an ATC70 at my friends house and we've been messing with it trying to get it to start and a few days ago he tryed to start it. him and his brother were messing with it and he went to start it and it went up in flames. the tank is completly destroyed (its a plastic tank of of an old dirtbike not a 70 tank) the whole top is burned open the seat is scorched and the motor is blackened and my friend has 2nd degree burns on his leg. the only good thing is that i might get it dirt cheap now because the uncle isnt going to want it ouch!that sucks,any idea that happenned?

BigGreenMachine
08-11-2004, 12:37 AM
thats a shitty way to get a deal, just glad ye aren't hurt bad.

TrikeKid
08-11-2004, 02:20 AM
i didnt get hurt my friend did. i think the plug wire must have had a short in it somewhere to where gas could get to it. it looks like it started on the right side of the motor where the plug and wire are. dont know how gas made it over there leaky tank possibly. and to think i was going to go down there and see if i could help get it started today. i wasnt there when it happened i just found out today. i agree its a bad way to get a deal but it'll go to the junk yard if i dont do it.

42F67N
08-11-2004, 07:15 PM
Thats strange cause this isnt the first time ive heard of a atc 70 catching fire like that,theres also been a few for sale on ebay that were burned up from fires.

TrikeKid
08-12-2004, 03:54 AM
ive heard of other smaller bikes like 110's and 125's doing it too.