PDA

View Full Version : crhrome and paint questions and project progress!

vartiak15
08-10-2004, 12:28 PM
first off should i chrome or paint the bottoms of my forks? and how much would it be to chrome? also same for the axle which chrome or paint? my project is going good, got a bunch of parts painted, having the custom shcok mount made as we speak, going to rebuild whole motor and get the cases powdercoated, still havent started the tank yet will do soon. im trying to get all the painting in before it gets to cold to paint, the only ohter things i got to apint it the hubs, frame and tank, but i think i wil have the tank done professionaly.

smokinp
08-10-2004, 12:55 PM
first off should i chrome or paint the bottoms of my forks? and how much would it be to chrome? also same for the axle which chrome or paint? my project is going good, got a bunch of parts painted, having the custom shcok mount made as we speak, going to rebuild whole motor and get the cases powdercoated, still havent started the tank yet will do soon. im trying to get all the painting in before it gets to cold to paint, the only ohter things i got to apint it the hubs, frame and tank, but i think i wil have the tank done professionaly. I would chrome the bottom of the forks and the axle too because paint will not stay very long on an axle.as far as price goes I have know idea how much it would cost but it would probley be expensive...

corndawg
08-10-2004, 07:19 PM
if its just going to be a show piece i would chrome it but if your actually planning on riding i would paint