PDA

View Full Version : new carb problem...

Ddw350
08-08-2004, 10:48 PM
other than a few annoying[and minimal problems] the carb on my 86 350x has done well.today my nephew informs me " uh.....the 3 wheeler...umm..isnt running right..." so i get on it tonight after he let it set in the middle of the driveway for 6 hours,start it right up,give it gas,but it only revs to about 1/4-1/2 throttle even though the thumb throttle is pegged.i took the cap off the thumb throttle and everything is connected,it must be in the carb,maybe the cable came unhooked under the plastic cover on the carb? it was late and i didnt feel like fooling with it.this happen to anyone??

Ddw350
08-09-2004, 10:58 PM
nevermind,its fixed....

Dads
08-10-2004, 07:19 AM
sounds more like the carb needs cleaning. the cable can't unhook.

Ddw350
08-10-2004, 10:16 PM
actually it was the 2 small screws that hold the gold plate with the arm on it which connects to the slide[if that makes any sense!]i tried moving the clip on the needle like months ago,guess the screws holding that plate down werent tight enough and vibrated out! easy fix actually,the biggest pain is the plastic piece with the spring on which connects the 2 arms together and raises and lowers the slide..i think i tightened up this time??