PDA

View Full Version : 200x FLIP FLOP

bobup68
08-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Well at 10:00 i am going to tear down my bike and reassemble it on a different frame. The frame i have now has two small cracks in it.I am going to try to break my record for how long it will take me.Current record is 5 hours.I think I can break it.Tell me how long it has taken some of you guys to do the same.Maybe my time isn't as great as I think it is.Wish me luck.

bobup68
08-08-2004, 10:57 AM
Well its now almost 11:00 and i have it totally apart.Now for the fun part.yeeehawww! looks like I might beat my time.

vartiak15
08-08-2004, 11:16 AM
i got my motor out in like 20 min. then after i rebuild i got to do the same switch frames.

smokinp
08-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Well at 10:00 i am going to tear down my bike and reassemble it on a different frame. The frame i have now has two small cracks in it.I am going to try to break my record for how long it will take me.Current record is 5 hours.I think I can break it.Tell me how long it has taken some of you guys to do the same.Maybe my time isn't as great as I think it is.Wish me luck.

seems like good time to me,I took the engine out of my atc200 along with the electrical in about 45mins and took the rear end apart in my 200x so i could put new bearings in and it took about 30mins.Then my brother came over and we put the atc200 engine in the X frame and it took us about 6 hours to do (all the front and rear bearings,painted plastic,custom made some brackets and mounts and etc.)

bobup68
08-08-2004, 01:04 PM
well its 1:00 and i'm done. from total wheeler to bare frame to total wheeler in 3 hours. I hope its a while before I have to do that again.looks good the new frame is white. now I think ill take it for a spin.Least I won't have to worry about the frame splitting while i'm riding.Every thing went smooth till I went to bolt on footpegs.The holes were a little rusty,no alot rusty,took at least 15 minutes on those.But its all done hurray.ride on

smokinp
08-08-2004, 03:53 PM
well its 1:00 and i'm done. from total wheeler to bare frame to total wheeler in 3 hours. I hope its a while before I have to do that again.looks good the new frame is white. now I think ill take it for a spin.Least I won't have to worry about the frame splitting while i'm riding.Every thing went smooth till I went to bolt on footpegs.The holes were a little rusty,no alot rusty,took at least 15 minutes on those.But its all done hurray.ride on
sweet!how does it run?pics?

hondaATCman
08-08-2004, 11:34 PM
When ever I'm totalling disassembling a bike and building it back up, I usually never go for "fastest time" records, there's always a pile of stuff left over when I do that! :D :D "Where in the world did this piston ring come from?" Oh well, didn't need it. :p :cool:

bobup68
08-09-2004, 07:44 AM
Well took it for a spin.The stupid front hub bearing went to hell.The last time I rode it I went through some deep water.It sat about two weeks before I did the switch.I think it was going for a while.Good thing I have another one from the other roller.Is there any way to lube those bearings like drilling a hole in the hub and putting a grease fitting in there?Will try to send pics soon.