PDA

View Full Version : 86 atc350x frame question

350xman
08-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Hi Guys
I have a question about my 86 atc350x project bike and it is about the frame. I noticed that the guy that had it before me pulled the motor out and bent the chain slider holder that is right under the swing arm pivot bolt. He bent it in a bit and I was wondering what would be the best and safest way to bend it or get it back to it's correct or straight position? I know that I could heat it up with a torch and then try to straighten it out but are there any better ways to straighten it out? Any and every idea is welcomed. Anyone, have any experience in frame bending?
Also, if I need to replace the rear swing arm bearings should I go with honda oem parts or aftermarket parts? Which is a better part?
Thanks 350xman :beer

packhamstruck
08-06-2004, 09:17 PM
I just put my one 350x together which i still beleive is the 87 and finding lots of little things different, as for straigthing that out i had sorta the same probaly i heated it up a little and then vice grips and bent it striaght. Look at your top triangle motor mounts and look if they are soild or have the cut out in them, I am going to post some pics of all the things i have have that are different.

vartiak15
08-06-2004, 09:27 PM
the bearings i dotn think matter which you buy, i just get the bearings from rocky they are all balls i think.