PDA

View Full Version : Help Get Me Running!!!!!

jakey
08-03-2004, 03:49 PM
Hey guys as i have posted before i tuned my bike because it was running a tad bit rich. I got it tuned close to the exact setting and then the bike just died on me during a test ride. I figured that it just flooded the bike because it was still runing a tad on the rich side (it died at idle). so i got home and took a look at my spark plug and it was burnt, i figured that this was just a byproduct of running it at the wrong setting. So today i went and bought a couple of new spark plugs hoping that they would work fine...BUT NO, apparently i have no spark at all!!!I have no clue why, so i took my Cdi box off and took a look, i cleaned off all of the magnet things and tried again but to no success....i am not very knowledgable about the wiring on bikes. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME? what should i do and how do i fix it?

TTribaLL
08-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Were you the one who posted a problem about breaking down just to notice that you hd no oil? If you are that very same person, didn't I tell you to go buy a manual? If you are not that very same person, GO BUY A MANUAL!!! Sorry for the caps but thats all you have to do is buy a simple 15$ manual, all your questions will be answered by the book.

jakey
08-03-2004, 04:13 PM
yea well the problem is that i would have to wait for a week or so to get a manual in...and yes i am the same person. yes i am getting a manual but i need help RIGHT NOW. i have a bunch of friends that we are going riding with tonight. and there is no way i can get it right now cause the nearest town that would have the manual is probably little rock and i am not driving 1 1/2 hours to try to find one with no luck....now if somebody has some advice for me now then please post and help me because i am sure somebody has had this same problem...thank you

TTribaLL
08-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Ok do you have a spark? You may know this but to test it you put the plug metal to metal with the engine and then try and start the engine(kickstart/ pullstart whatever)If you see a spark, then its not your wiring or your plug. If there is *not* a spark, then it may be your plug cable(leave your cdi alone). Use a wire testor and test the wire while moving it around because it may only do it at certain angles. Try that and if the cable is good and has a good current then it *may* be your cdi or just your magneto(coil, soliniod thinggy).

TTribaLL
08-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Also make sure your running the right plugs.

threewheelin-feelin
08-03-2004, 04:50 PM
test your coil then test your plug wire then check your air gap on the megneto

TTribaLL
08-03-2004, 04:54 PM
Yeah, do what he said.

84honda 200X
08-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Check to make sure your wires are corect and see if they are unhooked.

hondaATCman
08-03-2004, 10:31 PM
Along with all the other suggestions, look for bad wires or splices that may be grounding their self to the frame, especially the kill switch wires.

Macs
08-03-2004, 10:32 PM
we could go on all night with diffrent scenarios but you need to use a lot of common sense. first off if you ran out of oil you might be looking at more sever possibilities. do not mess with the cdi . work from the plug back. i have learned jumping in the middle usaully causes alot more problems. di d you have any misfires or anything out of the ordinary before it died.

jakey
08-04-2004, 11:05 AM
thanks for all the suggestions, a wire came undone from where it had previously been spliced poorly...now its back up and running. thanks