PDA

View Full Version : tri moto 200!!!

vartiak15
08-02-2004, 10:34 AM
i need to know everything about these things

are they as fast as a 200x?
do the have reverse?
electric start?
i no its not a honda but are the dependable?
they good in the trails?

and if you got anything eles you would like to say go ahead

o and are parts easy to come by?
and can i get black fenders for it like the one guy on here has on his 225dx?

and feel freee to post pics of your tri moto 200's :beer

edog
08-02-2004, 12:12 PM
No, they are not as fast, but can keep up.They are great for putting around.Or short trail rides.Depends what year you have.Is it shaft driven?or is it chaine?If it is a 1983 200e Tri Moto then it will not have suspension in the back.But will in the front.It will be shart drive,not chain.Stay away from the none suspended,unless you drive the thing on the roads.I just picked up one of the trikes for a part bike.

TheOlderFox
08-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Ya a 200X is faster, but the YTM200 is still a nice machine. They come in either a chain or shaft drive with either front or full suspension. All but the chains have electric start. The Yamahauler might have reverse, but I am not sure. For the various YTM200's think of it as the Honda and the 200's There is the 200s/m/e/x each with something different to offer. I think they are just a dependable as a Honda as long as you take care of it. The plastic mounts differently between the 200 and 225 so if you wanted to swap them, you would have to modify them. The 200 clips on with the seat mounted to the plastic. The 225 the seat is separate and the plastic bolts on the frame.