PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Fellers. New to forum

cajun66
07-31-2004, 03:15 PM
Just wanted to say that I like the layout of the board and there are some pretty knowledgeable people out there.
Oh, and a couple of questions. I have a 84 Honda 185 (not running) that I just picked up from a neighbor and this is the first ATV I've had since 1990. Never really worked on them before but, I've been a mechanic all my life so I should catch on.
Question 1: I am missing a couple parts like a tube that goes to the air cleaner, hand lever for rear brake, and I'll need new seat/fender. Are they still available.
Question 2: Are there repair books available?

84honda 200X
07-31-2004, 04:11 PM
Welcome to the board. Check ebaymotors for the boot and seat along with the brake handle. Repair manuals are a vailable on ebay also.

trikerider2oo7
07-31-2004, 05:45 PM
welcome to the board...check ebay for the stuff you need

twgranger
07-31-2004, 06:09 PM
hello. welcome to the board.

cajun66
07-31-2004, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the input. I will keep an eye out on ebay.
I was outside today and glassed in the crack in the fender. Almost can't see the crack unless you know what you're looking for. Also made a boot out of an old Ford Festiva upper radiator hose. The foot pedal for the rear brake is working now so the handle can wait. She also runs now but I need to go into the carb as she dies after a few minutes (when the bowl runs dry).

atc krazy
08-01-2004, 01:48 PM
hay what is rong with trailprotrailpro seat
i have a seat cover if that will work but i dont know if are seats are the same

Howdy
08-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Just wanted to say that I like the layout of the board and there are some pretty knowledgeable people out there.
Oh, and a couple of questions. I have a 84 Honda 185 (not running) that I just picked up from a neighbor and this is the first ATV I've had since 1990. Never really worked on them before but, I've been a mechanic all my life so I should catch on.
Question 1: I am missing a couple parts like a tube that goes to the air cleaner, hand lever for rear brake, and I'll need new seat/fender. Are they still available.
Question 2: Are there repair books available?

Hi,
Welcome to the site ( Howdy from Howdy, lmao ). We hope you enjoy it.

First things first, ( I am shocked that no one else caught this ) Honda didn't make a 185 in 1984 ( in the US ).
1984 US models were: ATC70, ATC110, ATC125M, ATC200ES Big Red, ATC200M, ATC200S, ATC200x, ATC250R.

Anyway you might want to double check the machine to see what it actually is. This will help you get the correct parts.
FYI, A few of us have a stash of parts. Hopefully we can fix you up. ;)
Howdy

cajun66
08-01-2004, 07:09 PM
Thanks again for the welcome.

This is interesting on the year/displacement on the 3wheeler. The owner says that he still has the original registration and title, so I need to get ahold of it to see. Also, is there an ID tag somewhere on the frame to see what year it is and maybe on the motor to see if it has a transplant.
http://www.aircoolers.org/images/3wheelers3.jpg

ClayW
08-01-2004, 07:33 PM
Hey welcome to the board. Yes there is a year model tag that is 3 to 4inches long on the stearing neck/yoke. Actually the frame where the steering connects to the frame. Also I live in GA now, but grew up in Denham Springs LA. There is a 3 wheeler salvage yd called T-RACKS in Slaughter LA on HWY 51 I believe. If you ever get in a bind they can help you out. They are little pricey on some things, but if your in a bind they are handy.

ClayW
Go Tigers!!!

Meat-BoX
08-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Hey, Welcome to the board. This is the place you want to be if you need help. This site rulz. Get your info right and I bet you wont have any problems getting parts. Thats not a bad lookin Trike, I could use that for Hunting season. :beer

cajun66
08-01-2004, 09:07 PM
Hey Clay. What part of Denham. I spent 29 years in Denham.

As to hunting, that's one of the reasons I have it. Mostly to haul the ice chest up and down Grand Isle. Specks and reds get heavy after a while. :D

Fish or die.

84250r
08-01-2004, 09:10 PM
Welcome to the board! :)

ClayW
08-01-2004, 09:38 PM
I lived with my parents ( they still live there ) just off Cockerham Rd near the Northside Baptist church. Just a stones throw from the High school. I graduated form DSHS.

ClayW

Howdy
08-02-2004, 09:09 AM
Thanks again for the welcome.

This is interesting on the year/displacement on the 3wheeler. The owner says that he still has the original registration and title, so I need to get ahold of it to see. Also, is there an ID tag somewhere on the frame to see what year it is and maybe on the motor to see if it has a transplant.

Just looking at your pictures it looks like a 1983 atc185s. This going by the tank stripes, fenders and the headlight. If you can get the vin number off the frame ( behind the headlight ) I can identify it for sure. ;)
Howdy

ATC crazy
08-02-2004, 10:16 AM
Welcome to the boards! Good luck finding parts...the people here are here to help ya :beer

cajun66
08-03-2004, 06:10 PM
Today, for the first time in over 10 years, I rode a 3 wheeler. I pulled the carb apart again and thoroughly cleaned it with B 12 and re assembled. Second pull on the cord fired her up. I havn't been able to get off the seat 'till now. A bungee cord is holding the seat and fenders down right now but at least they don't fall off.
I still need to do some carb work though. It won't idle and runs a little rough.