PDA

View Full Version : Turning a quad into a trike?

sxyryan
07-29-2004, 02:42 PM
is this hard?

350xsx
07-29-2004, 03:34 PM
you would need to graft the front end of a trike frame on there, its pretty hard what are you planning on oing it to it depends how hard it will be

sxyryan
07-29-2004, 05:47 PM
well, i havnt decided which quad, i was just curious. i always wanted a trike, but i cant seem to get a hold of one and i was thinking if i ever had a bad wreck with my warrior i could fix it by turning it into a trike. i know it would just be easier to just pick up a used trike, but if the conversion was done well, the bike would be insane. with all updated technology that the trikes didnt get because of that dumb ban. but thats just my 2 cents

edog
07-29-2004, 06:06 PM
I love it when people with Quads get rid of the training wheel.LOL

short4stuff
07-29-2004, 09:33 PM
no offence man but i dont think a warrior would be an update .... i mean they started producing them in 87 and didn't update them .... the 350x will smoke a warrior .. so i dont think it would be an update .. just my 2 cents .. but if ya want to go for it. :Bounce

sxyryan
07-29-2004, 10:21 PM
i dont plan on doing that to my warrior, just an if thing. if i hit a tree or something and ruined my front end, i would try to turn it into a trike before i put it back together as a quad. btw, i am addicted to electric start and reverse. (but i would still LOVE a 350x)

threewheelin-feelin
07-30-2004, 02:51 AM
i would say convert a dirtbike bike to a trike put a quad swingarm on and then a trike front end. id say convert a cr250 or 500 also the crf450 or w/e u want. i think u would have to do alot of cuting and welding to convert a quad.

hondatrikesrule22
07-30-2004, 03:55 AM
Not really. I converted my 4-zinger to a trike. I used a 125m front end. I made 4 cuts on the front subframe, welded washers over the holes, and welded the neck to the frame. Wasn't hard at all really. :)

sxyryan
07-30-2004, 10:50 PM
i figured it wouldnt be to hard, but i never tryed, so thats why i asked

polabareus
07-31-2004, 12:30 AM
Dirt bike to trike? hmmmmmm. I wonder what some of you more mechanically inclined folks on here think about that possiblity? I sure wish that honda still made 3 wheelers. If they came out with one tomorrow I would be the first one pounding down the door at my local dealership. Infact it wouldn't have to be honda, If any company built a 3 wheeler one day I'd buy it, even if it was a youth 3 wheeler! :TrikesOwn 2005 ATC 450r!

sxyryan
07-31-2004, 08:16 AM
yea, i am the same way. Many people i know think im crazy because i am dying to own a 20+ year old machine. if they still made trikes, i would go buy a new one, but unfortunatly thats not the case.

also, wouldnt turning a dirtbike into a trike take more work than turning a quad into a trike? with the quad you would jsut have to modify the front end but on a dirtbike you would have to modify the back and front right?

threewheelin-feelin
07-31-2004, 10:25 AM
with a dirtbike you wouldnt have to do any cutting and welding i dont think. as for you being crazy for wanting to have a 20+ year old machine dont let them get you down there just mad your old machine cna run with and beat there brand new bikes.you can also restor trailprotrailpro bike to show room condition make it look better then theres haha. i would also be at the door at the dealership ready to start makeing payments hehe

BIGRED_87
07-31-2004, 11:26 AM
if you want electric start and reverse in a sporty package, get a 250 sx. they're on ebay all the time. in fact, there's some on there now.

sxyryan
07-31-2004, 12:21 PM
yea, i have been looking at the 250sx's. i would love any trike big enough for me though (im a little chunky lol).