PDA

View Full Version : can the clutch be adjusted on honda 70's?

lilatv
07-29-2004, 09:07 AM
I have found where the 110 has a clutch adjustment cover, but there wasn't one listed for the 70, which makes me wonder if it can be, my guess is it can.

If someone wants to fill me in on where to locate it, is it opposite the flywheel? I believe I read there is an adjustment screw, turn it counter clockwise until there is tension then back it off a 1/8", does this adjust shift characteristics or actual pressure on the friction disks, probably characteristics, probably need new springs and frictions disks to improve the hold of the clutch huh (thinking out loud)? thanks

ClayW
08-01-2004, 11:04 PM
The ATC 70 definately has an adjustment point. it is opposite of the flywheel. You probably didnt notice it. If you didnt, the cover is probably on it. See if you see a small 2 inch BLACK circular plastic/rubber thing on the side opposite of the flywheel. Where you add oil. That black rubber thing is the cover. It will pop off and then you can adjust it. By the way its a 1/4 turn not a 1/8 turn. You loosen the lock nut and turn the screw to the left until you feel tension. Then you turn the adjusting screw back to the right 1/4 turn. Then with the screwdriver holding the screw in place, tighten the lock nut with an openend boxend wrench. That should get you straightened out.

ClayW

lilatv
08-01-2004, 11:37 PM
Thanks....I will do that shortly.

I see you have a 70 as well, fun little suckers aren't they? later

lilatv
08-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Thought I would mention..I tried the adjustment suggested and it didn't help, it hurt it. I turned the screw until it bottomed out then 1/4 back and as soon as I started the engine there was a loud grinding noise. So luckily I counted the turns counter clock wise when I did it, so I put it back to where it was. I read somewhere that this only changes how it shifts and not exactly the firmness of the clutch, is this true? thanks

TrikerR
08-13-2004, 09:09 PM
whats the point of doing it, say on a 110