PDA

View Full Version : need little help

mevaters
07-28-2004, 08:52 PM
Hey, I had my 1985 tri z torn apart to start restoring it but I found out today that my wife will be leaving a few weeks earlier than we thought so I am not going to have time to restore it for another 3 months or so. Therefore I put it back together today and am having a problem. I am not getting any gas to the engine the spark plug is bone dry, and there is very little gas in the carb. What could be the problem here. I tried to start er and gas it but still no fuel. I didn't put any coolant in it yet, could that be a problem somehow? Any one have any ideas? Also what type of coolant do you use for a 1985 tri z? thanks

trikeman
07-28-2004, 08:59 PM
sounds like you have something clogging the petcock, fuel line.

TheOlderFox
07-28-2004, 09:15 PM
check the fuel line, the petcock or the float valve in the carb

TimSr
07-29-2004, 01:21 PM
Disconnect the fuel line from the out side of the shutoff valve (not the on/reserve valve). Kick the machine over a few times. Each time you kick it, some gas should come out of the line. If its does not, leave the carb alone and work backwards. Make sure your vacuum line is connected from the base of the cylinder to the fuel pump. If you still have nothing, disconnect the gas line from the output side of the fuel pump, kick it over and see if anything comes out when you kick it.

mevaters
07-29-2004, 01:25 PM
thanks for the help guys, I got it running today, some of the rubber from the hose connecting the fuel line to the carb was bent inward and blocked the fuel from getting to the carb. Again thanks.