PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think? Possible TRi and Tec

250rBeast
07-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Ok, in my quest for three wheelers I have encountered mostly overpriced bikes that were in good to ok condition. My last thread on ATV (3 wheel) prices I got some responses and I agree that they are overpiced around here in Fresno CA central valley. Well I was up in the Auberry area (mountains in fresno co.) and I stopped to look at a 250R and blaster on the side of the road for sale. The trike is an 82R with sand shark paddles, plastic ok but faded and stitched on the rear, ok slightly worn black ceet, thread on the front knobby tire was good, the carb was a mikuni with a k&N uni with a precharger filter wrap but the wrap was black taped on, the front brake lever was loose but still on the bars, engine was dusty with maybe a small top end oil leak but ok, dg pipe, the bottom vent hose of the carb was leaking gas even as I stood there it leaked slowly but steady, twist throttle, some rust here and there, the bike looks complete just a little tired, $1500 runs good per the sign! Kicked it a couple of times and felt pretty good but didnt start it. Way overpiced I think. Here is the number if anyone wants to call and see what they can do just for fun. 559-855-6801 Fresno Co. Cali. Now for the second matter. I have stumbled upon what appears to be something good I hope. Some guy selling a 110 for $200. I called him, he told me it was sold but he had 3 more 110's for sale for $300. He said One is in perfect condition other than it needs work engine wise, said its stuck in neutral, the other two are somewhat complete but dont run, $400 takes all and you could definately build a nice one out of the three. We got to talking, he also has an 82R in pieces minus tires $200, heres where it gets interesting. He said he is picking up a red and white tri-z (86?) and will let it go for $750, said it runs. He also said he knows a guy in this area selling a green Kxt85 tec. for $650 that runs ok he said. He was going to buy the tecate but didnt but he'll give me the guys number so I'm gonna call him back tonight. The guy sounded pretty cool, sounds like he has a barn full of parts and he sounds really reasonable. What do you guys think? Ill keep you updated when I find out about the Tri and Tec. Cheers.

BigGreenMachine
07-28-2004, 08:29 PM
buy both of these and part out the one u arent goin to keep then spend the cash on the bike you want to keep and put some good aftermarket parts on it. I'd part out the 85 Tecate and build up the Tri-Z into a mean little racer. Find out for ME if the guy with the Tecate has an aftermarket swinger he would want to sell for 150 bucks, thanks, James. PM me with details.

bigred110
07-28-2004, 10:38 PM
I hear ya on the price thing over here!!
110's are fun but I would go for the Z or the T3. The price sounds good to. But you better go and look at it first.
If your going to be duning mainly I would get the T3.