PDA

View Full Version : Project Update

TheOlderFox
07-22-2004, 05:38 PM
I haven't poasted any pics in a while, and some that I did were lost when the site was updated. For those of you who remember back this winter when I picked up a few "machines," I thought you might like to see what has happened to them. The '84 YTM225 is done with the exception of a few bolts, an air tube, and rolling it out of my basement and firing it up. So soon. The YTM200 is painted and cleaned, assembly is underway and pics will follow. I have everything to turn my YT125 "4 wheeler" back into a YT125 3 wheeler, I just need to paint the new frame and start swapping pieces so I can clean and fix as I go. Here are the before, during, and after pics of the 225. Enjoy.

atcmatt
07-22-2004, 06:15 PM
Nice to see you bought a crap trike up to look very nice. Now i m starting to get the itch to put my 250es back together. But im going to hold out so everything is done right. Overal a project well done.

Cheers,

Matt

trikerider2oo7
07-22-2004, 07:22 PM
looks good...i needa get some money so i can do a project bike

BigGreenMachine
07-24-2004, 12:54 PM
That looks great, glad to hear of another project completed.

TheOlderFox
08-02-2004, 01:38 PM
Pulled the 225 out of my basement yesterday so my brother could take it back to my parent's place so I can get some test rides in and go through the break in period. Before it left, I heard it fire for the first time. Started right up, boy am I good. So other than adjustments and fine tuning, one more trike has been saved. I guess after I have it running right and am happy with it, it will be time to sell it to start on my next project and possibly look for one more. So if anyone here will be interested in buying a 225DX in a couple of months.......PM me ;)

TrikeKid
08-02-2004, 03:34 PM
is the 125 a conversion? if it is i'd leave it be and own a piece of history. if it isnt then you have a spare tire.

TheOlderFox
08-02-2004, 07:28 PM
TrikeKid, the 125 is not a conversion in any means. I don't think it would even be safe to ride. Therefore, as you said, it is extra tires. I have a replacement frame just waiting for the tri moto parts

Wickedfinger
08-02-2004, 07:49 PM
... all I have to say is ..................... "SHAFT, can you dig it?". Lookin good Fox!.