PDA

View Full Version : 350x quick question

mevaters
07-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Hey, I was just looking at a 350x to buy and buddy said that it was rebuilt only a couple of weeks ago. My question , is that the bike is really hard to kick over i mean you have to put your weight into it, but once you do kick it over it starts on first or second kick and runs strong, does that mean that there is anything wrong with the bike or is that normal?

threewheelin-feelin
07-19-2004, 07:15 PM
does the starter kick back at all?

mevaters
07-19-2004, 07:20 PM
well when the bike starts the kickstart comes back up if that is what you mean?

Xowner
07-19-2004, 07:35 PM
their not the easiest bike to kick but if trailprotrailpro in any dought that the bike is getting seized up take the plug out and see if it rolls over freely their a little pain in the butt to start also does the decompression cable work?

mevaters
07-19-2004, 07:40 PM
I'm not really sure what a decompression cable is so I don't know if it works. I know buddy said you could get a decompression thing for it. The only prob with the bike other than that is that the thing for the timing that screws into the motor with 2 screws on the brake side of the engine fell out and he said he would replace that. he is only asking pretty cheap for the bike I just want to make sure the engine isn't going to sieze or anything.

AirManCam
07-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Yes Xowner, the decompression cables DO work! I personally don't need one on my current 350x. But, on my hillclimber I needed one. I am almost positive it has a high comp piston. It took me 3 tries with all of my weight jumping onthe kicker to even move it down once. Yes 3 times to get one kick! And I'm not a small guy.