PDA

View Full Version : New Member

ThreeWheeling
07-19-2004, 06:20 PM
First of all, great site!!! I bought a 350x a month ago. I have not rode a trike in 16 years. Wow what a change. For the last 12 years Ive owned 5 different four wheelers (2 warriors, 2 400exs, and a rubicon) and a 125 RM. Still have the Rubicon (Its my work horse around the property). Just got bored of riding the "fast four wheelers" I think the 350x will give a 400ex a run for its money. After riding the 350x I dont know why I jumped to four wheels. I guess it was the in thing then. I grew up on three wheelers, was ten years old when dad bought a Honda atc185 in 1981 and a big red a year later. Then in 1983 or 84 my uncle bought a new 200x. Still remember him pulling in the driveway with that new machine in the back of his truck. All of our jaws dropped. We all had a blast on that (and got into alot of fights for who would ride it). Back then the family all lived in northern Wisconsin near each other. You could ride anywhere and no one cared (those where the days). Then we moved to the city and the trikes were given away to the family. My uncle still has the big red, and is pulling logs out of the woods yet. After high school got back into atvs and bikes. Broke some bones and 12 years later got sick of the two wheel drive four wheelers and bought a rubicon. But had that feeling inside yet to go fast but wanted something different. So here I am with the 350x. I love it. This winter I want to restore it make it look like it did in 85. Thanks for listening.

Hope to talk to you soon,
Jim

threewheelin-feelin
07-19-2004, 06:41 PM
welcome to the site and thats a nice story

BigGreenMachine
07-19-2004, 08:51 PM
They are not hard bikes to restore, lots of aftermarket parts for them. Nice looking trikes IMO and from what I hear perform great everywhere on the riding spectrum.
Great story, my dad used to haul wood on our old Yamaha 200.

trikerider2oo7
07-19-2004, 09:37 PM
welcome to the board...have fun on the restore. you got any pics of it?

ThreeWheeling
07-19-2004, 09:45 PM
I will try to get some pics out tomorrow.

trikerider2oo7
07-20-2004, 09:17 AM
aight...if you need help uploading or resizing them just say so and i could help you

F7Firecat
07-20-2004, 10:02 AM
Nice to see another WI. :Bounce :Bounce :Bounce rider join the site we are few & far between what part of WI are you from ThreeWheeling ? I`m from Chetek WI. if you are close enough we could possibly hook up for a weekend ride. Welcome to the site I hope you find it as informative as I have. The fellas here try to help in any way they can. :beer

ThreeWheeling
07-20-2004, 10:52 PM
I live north of the Dells. Wheres Chetek at? Nice trikes! Just was at black river over the weekend, it sucked. Very rough. They need to groom them trails. Looking to go up north soon.