PDA

View Full Version : new member

GOLLUM
12-30-2002, 01:10 PM
HI,
just popped in to hello to all you 3-wheeler nutters, well also to ask for some tech. advice if poss.

i have a 1979 gsxr750 which i would love to "trike" but not the normal configuration, i want 2 at the front.

Am i farting against thunder or is there someone here who can point me in the right direction ?

Cheers !

Kilborg
12-30-2002, 04:15 PM
It could be done. Retrofit a quad frontend and get a good sized rear meat (knobby of some sort) on there and your in business. Many people use Quadsport front ends, since they are fairly simple to retrofit onto most frames. You will need some welding skills, a welder, and several other tools for fabrication (grinder, etc) and probably some scrap metal.

Howdy
12-30-2002, 05:01 PM
Hi,
Welcome to the site. I have a article about a reverse style 3 Wheeler that was in Dirtwheels. How ever I haven't read it yet. I will try to dig it out and post it on the board/site.

GOLLUM
12-30-2002, 06:32 PM
cheers guys, there is a company in Newcastle, England who will sell a complete trike exactly the way i want mine but they will only sell as a complete item which includes price of new bike as a base for their coversion, a yam v-max which is awseome but price for total package is around the £15,000 mark.
I contacted them but they will not sell the kit seperate.

cheers

theeechozen1
12-30-2002, 08:02 PM
HI-PERFORMANCE ATV makes a conversion kit for converting trikes into quads with parts similar to the quadracers. I'd check them out and see if they have something to offer you, I would give you a link but I can't seem to find a website on them, sorry :?

HemiChallenger71
12-30-2002, 11:56 PM
Hello Gollum, I like the name... lol

As for your bike, If I were you I would try to find a good rolling quad chassis for about $100.00 on up to as much as you want to spend, and put your street bike motor in it. If you want it road legal, it might be pretty hard to pull off. I would just leave it a bike if you want to ride on the road.

GOLLUM
12-31-2002, 05:57 AM
Hemi, it must be road legal cause i've had a vision :twisted:

Theechozen 1, good idea but i would need UK co. also the quad scene over here is confined mainly to the farming community.

Every little helps and i'll keep trying.

By the way, have a Happy New Year, being a Scot i'll be celebrating the occassion in the traditional fashion :-D

Kilborg
12-31-2002, 06:14 AM
Well im part scott myself, and I'll of course be tipping a few back. Any questions you have dont be hesitant in the least...quite a few of us (including myself) are eager to see this machine come along. Try to get some pictures of it as you go and such, to show progress and to further explain any questions you have and such.

ATC crazy
12-31-2002, 04:14 PM
Welcome to the best 3 wheeler site online GOLLUM!! I also have some scott blood in me too. Happy trails :Beerchug :Beerchug

GOLLUM
12-31-2002, 05:57 PM
Guys, how the #**k can i get a wee pic on the left of my posts under my username.

i did a nice little cut'n'paste of my dream but tried to send it as an avatar and files too big. Its only tiny pic, wot am i doin wrong :?

Lots_Of_Nothing
12-31-2002, 06:08 PM
you need to resize it....if you want, e-mail it to me and i will resize it to the right size then i will e-mail it back.

my e-mail is J_dogg_2767@hotmail.com

theeechozen1
12-31-2002, 06:13 PM
Im with ya on that note I can't get any of my pics to work sez they all too big :( Who wants to see a 72 tooth rear sproket on a 3-wheeler anyways?? Screw it time to start gettin plowed ---- HAPPY NEWYEAR :Beerchug :bounce :Beerchug

GOLLUM
12-31-2002, 06:38 PM
84atc, i kneel before you and give you many gifts as thanks for sorting my avatar.

If only the real thing was so simple eh!

Happy New Year to all, i'm off to get sideways without me bike.