PDA

View Full Version : gave up

4atcsandcntng
07-15-2004, 09:59 PM
i got tired of trying to get my 185s running so i decided to use the carb and intake on my rv90. for those of you, probably all of you, who have never seen a suzuki rv90, it is a little blue moped looking motorcycle with a 90cc two-stroke motor on a 4 speed manual. it was pretty fast before i put the 3 wheeler carb on it. it only took about an hour and a half.

anyway, i took a peice of 3/4 heater hose and made a bushing to butt up the 185s intake to the side of the moter and put on bolt in one of the holes. i put the slide out of the 185 and put on the twist throttle and cable of the rv90. now, with about double the size carb and double the length intake, it really hauls. i notice a little bit of bog at take-off but by the time i let the clutch out its ready to roll.

if i get it wound up good i can make the tires squeal when i shift. i don't have a digital camera but if any of you local guys in chesapeake wanna ride threewheelers, i'll bring out the rv90. its really fun as a trail bike, nice and low with plush suspension. i like it just as much as my atcs.

4atcsandcntng
07-17-2004, 09:17 PM
heres an update:

i took the custom made header (even with the bad welds) off my 185s took a muffler off a lawn mower and gutted to make a free-flowing expansion chamber and then put a peice of 3/4 inch peice of pipe at the end for a little bit of back-pressure and threw it on in place of the stock rv90 exhaust and chamber

now, it is fast, loud, and very, very rare and original

trikerider2oo7
07-17-2004, 09:23 PM
lol...thats on your 185?

4atcsandcntng
07-17-2004, 09:31 PM
no, i used the exhaust off my 185s and put it on the rv90, but a 4 stroke expansion, when made right, are really nice

my dad had one on his 5.3 chevy that came off a gt1 car. you could let off the throttle at 55 and the revs never dropped, dangerous at high speeds because your converter wouldn't unlock but if everybody drove like they had some sense new cars wouldn't need automatic light turner onners

3 weelin geezer
07-18-2004, 12:42 AM
what did u do with the rest of the 185s?

4atcsandcntng
07-18-2004, 02:17 PM
i still have the rest of the 185s. i haven't been able to get it to fire at the right time because not only has the timing chain been off and not put back right but the flywheel sheared a key. i still haven't had any look with getting the flywheel off even though i've tried three different pullers including the honda one that has left-hand threads

all it's done is messed up the end of the crank so i guess i'm going to continue to take parts off of it. if anybody needs any used parts contact me and i'll sell it for 10% of what a new one would cost