PDA

View Full Version : Help

mevaters
07-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Hey I have an 85 tri-z and I have a few more problems I need to fix. First is that one of the bearings went on the bike today and when I went to change them the outside metal of the bearing is really wedged into the bearing carrier. I tried to get it out but it will not budge, is there anything I can do to get that darn thing out so I can put the new one in. Also I have been having a problem when I speed up, when I hit the power band I suppose the bike will sputter and slow down and it sometimes happens when I haven't changed the plug in a few days. That is another problem, I find that I have to change plugs very regularly, after a while of using the same plug, i'm talking a few days, Its brown on the tip and the bike rides pretty rough. The other day I was driving up the road and the bike just died when I was in 2nd gear and no way could I get it started again, but when i replaced the plug, boom, it started. I am mixing the oil 20-1 and I am using castrol 2 stroke oil from walmart. The bike is bored over and has performance pistons and a full dg exhaust, should I change my mix, my oil or is it something else? thanks, sorry its so long

trikerider2oo7
07-15-2004, 08:25 PM
i would change your mix. your runnin way too much oil in it. most of people run about 50:1

mevaters
07-15-2004, 08:51 PM
So running 50 liters of gas to 1 liter of oil will help it out ? It will not cause any problems, and will not be bad for the bike? Also will this help out with my spark plug problem or just with the sputtering? thanks

trikerider2oo7
07-15-2004, 09:12 PM
well, i dont know how good of oil that is so it would depend